Errors with samples

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 08 Jun 2006 10:45

Resent to the addresses provided by you.

classicmydac

Post by classicmydac » Thu 08 Jun 2006 12:39

I have unistalled the app and any other corelab (except the delphi component) files.

After install I get the following errors.

Microsoft Visual Studio cannot shut down because a modal dialog is open.

Failed to add dataprovider components to toolbox . Use customize toolbox dialoge to add them manually.

I have recieved The pitcures app and overwrote the existing one.

Same problem on opening the mainform.

The type 'Microsoft.CompactFramework.Design.UnsafeComponent' has no property named 'Connection'.
Hide Edit

at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.Error(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String exceptionText, String helpLink)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)

The type 'Microsoft.CompactFramework.Design.UnsafeComponent' has no property named 'SelectCommand'.
Hide Edit

at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.Error(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String exceptionText, String helpLink)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)

The type 'Microsoft.CompactFramework.Design.UnsafeComponent' has no property named 'DataAdapter'.
Hide Edit

Is there anything that need manually removing from visual studio before re-installing and if so how do I do this?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 08 Jun 2006 13:00

Delete our product, search for our assemblies in all your system. If found, remove them as well.
Take a look at devenv.exe.config. After uninstalling the provider there might be left a record about it. Delete one.
Furthemore, the problem may exist if you have both mobile and non-mobile versions.
Last edited by Alexey on Fri 09 Jun 2006 08:47, edited 1 time in total.

classicmydac

errors

Post by classicmydac » Fri 09 Jun 2006 08:29

I have un-installed visual studio. .net framework 1 & 2 Pocket pc & smartphone SDK and re-installed.

I still get the same errors when opening the mainform in the pitcure app you sent.

IE the toolbar is not installed. I have to add it manually.

What are the assembly names I need to search on?

The devenv.exe.config is as follows:

Anyone with any (idiot level) ideas to try and cure this....

As usuall the dealine is approaching

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Fri 09 Jun 2006 09:04

Please check the existence of the CoreLab.MySql.dll assembly in
"%\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE" folder.
Check also that CoreLab.MySql.PocketPC.asmmeta.dll, CoreLab.MySql.Smartphone.asmmeta.dll, CoreLab.MySql.WindowsCE.asmmeta.dll assemblies are in
"%\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SmartDevices\SDK\CompactFramework\2.0\v2.0\WindowsCE\DesignerMetadata" folder.
Place CoreLab.CF.MySql.Design.dll assembly to the folder
"%\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\".

classicmydac

Finally Finally

Post by classicmydac » Fri 09 Jun 2006 11:40

I manually added all the references to the appropriate directories.

My visual studio 2005 is installed onto D:

I installed your app onto d:.

The toolbar appears and the apps run.

I can only presume the install gets confused with different drives on install.

The install failed when installing to c: drives....

Thanks for the help..

I can now get on with programming

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 13 Jun 2006 15:23

You are welcome