Errors with samples

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
classicmydac

Errors with samples

Post by classicmydac » Mon 05 Jun 2006 21:34

I have unistalled the old version and installed mysqlnet350mob2.exe.

Some of the c# samples will not convert to visual studio 2005. Various failure errors.

The Table example converts but I have to re-ad the reference to Corelab.sql. When I try and open the mainform.cs I get the following errors and visual studio locks up with the error "the operation couldnot be completed. Not enough storage space to complete this operation"

The type 'Microsoft.CompactFramework.Design.UnsafeComponent' has no property named 'Connection'.
Hide Edit

at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.Error(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String exceptionText, String helpLink)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)

The type 'Microsoft.CompactFramework.Design.UnsafeComponent' has no property named 'SelectCommand'.
Hide Edit

at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.Error(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String exceptionText, String helpLink)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeAssignStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeAssignStatement statement)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement)

The type 'Microsoft.CompactFramework.Design.UnsafeComponent' has no property named 'DataAdapter'.
Hide Edit

Do you have the examples compiled for 2005?

classicmydac

re errors

Post by classicmydac » Mon 05 Jun 2006 22:01

I have re-installed the samples.

When I open csharp.8 I have to re-refrence the Corelab.sql in each app.

I leave the target device as mobile 2003.
I can run the Datareader app and it works fine on the device.

When I try to open the mainform.cs I get:

Warning 1 The type 'Microsoft.CompactFramework.Design.UnsafeComponent' has no property named 'Connection'. D:\Program Files\CoreLab\MySQLDirect.NET2 Mobile\Samples\DataReader\CS\MainForm.cs 150 0
Hope this helps.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 06 Jun 2006 07:12

The mysqlnet350mob2.exe package should have installed samples for VS2005. Try to uninstall it, delete "Samples" folder from the installation folder and install the product again.

classicmydac

re errors

Post by classicmydac » Tue 06 Jun 2006 10:03

I have re-installed the samples.

When I open pitcures.8.sln it opens okay.
The reference to mysql has to be deleted and re-added(D:\Program Files\CoreLab\MySQLDirect.NET2 Mobile\CoreLab.MySql.dll) Is this correct?
I deploy to windows mobile 2003.
The app runs okay

I can edit Connectform.cs and NewPicture.cs but get an error on Mainform.cs as follows:

Could not find type 'CoreLab.MySql.MySqlConnection'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built.

Could not find type 'CoreLab.MySql.MySqlCommand'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built.

Could not find type 'CoreLab.MySql.MySqlDataAdapter'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built.

Could not find type 'CoreLab.MySql.MySqlCommandBuilder'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built.

classicmydac

more info

Post by classicmydac » Tue 06 Jun 2006 10:57

I hope I am doing something stupid here....

When I change the platform to mobile 2005 and try to open main form I get this error:

And the app will not compile on device.......

The type 'Microsoft.CompactFramework.Design.UnsafeComponent' has no property named 'Connection'.
Hide Edit

The type 'Microsoft.CompactFramework.Design.UnsafeComponent' has no property named 'SelectCommand'.
Hide Edit

The type 'Microsoft.CompactFramework.Design.UnsafeComponent' has no property named 'DataAdapter'.
Hide Edit

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 06 Jun 2006 11:16

Please send us your project to reproduce the problem. Do not use third party components.

classicmydac

re errors

Post by classicmydac » Tue 06 Jun 2006 13:35

I am using your application Pictures.8.sln C#.

The only thing I changed is the reference to CoreLab.MySql.dll.

as explained previously.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 07 Jun 2006 06:49

Do you have MySQDirect (non-mobile) installed on your PC? If yes, which version?

classicmydac

re-installed

Post by classicmydac » Wed 07 Jun 2006 09:48

I have the following installed:

Corelab DBmonitor 2.10
Corelab Mydac 4.30 for delphi
Corelab MySqldeveloper tools for visual studio 2005 Beta
Corelab Mysqlbuilder addin 1.10
Corelab Mysqldirect.net mobile data provider standard.

Cheers

SteveW

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 07 Jun 2006 11:07

You've been sent the Pictures project. Try it and inform us whether it works without any error.

classicmydac

Post by classicmydac » Wed 07 Jun 2006 11:31

Not recieved as of 12:30 uk time.

Please re-send.

Cheers

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 07 Jun 2006 11:42

Done.

classicmydac

Post by classicmydac » Wed 07 Jun 2006 12:08

Nothing here.. Bad hair day.....

try [email protected] &
[email protected]

classicmydac

errors

Post by classicmydac » Wed 07 Jun 2006 13:06

I have copied the directory picture to picture2 example directory.
I open pictures.8.sln

When opening the mainform.cs I get the following error:

One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project, while others may require code changes.

Hide Edit

Hide Edit

Hide Edit

Do I need to unistall any of the other components to test?

classicmydac

error

Post by classicmydac » Wed 07 Jun 2006 15:41

I get the following when I try to build the project:

Warning 1 The type 'Microsoft.CompactFramework.Design.UnsafeComponent' has no property named 'Connection'. C:\Program Files\CoreLab\MySQLDirect.NET2 Mobile\Samples\Pictures2\CS\MainForm.cs 206 0
Warning 2 The type 'Microsoft.CompactFramework.Design.UnsafeComponent' has no property named 'SelectCommand'. C:\Program Files\CoreLab\MySQLDirect.NET2 Mobile\Samples\Pictures2\CS\MainForm.cs 210 0
Warning 3 The type 'Microsoft.CompactFramework.Design.UnsafeComponent' has no property named 'DataAdapter'. C:\Program Files\CoreLab\MySQLDirect.NET2 Mobile\Samples\Pictures2\CS\MainForm.cs 229 0