There is no store type corresponding to the conceptual side type 'SByte' of primitive type 'SByte'

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
francis

Re: There is no store type corresponding to the conceptual side type 'SByte' of primitive type 'SByte'

Post by francis » Mon 12 Oct 2020 17:31

Hi,

I've sent it by email to ticket 317911 on october 2.

I will now re-send it using the webform and open a new ticket.

F

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: There is no store type corresponding to the conceptual side type 'SByte' of primitive type 'SByte'

Post by Shalex » Tue 13 Oct 2020 19:19

francis wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 17:31I've sent it by email to ticket 317911 on october 2.
Sorry, we didn't receive this email. We will initiate the internal investigation to check if it was blocked by our email system.
francis wrote: Mon 12 Oct 2020 17:31I will now re-send it using the webform and open a new ticket.
Please copy the EF6 provider registration from
\GenericTestStuff.NETFrameWork\Database.C2\App.config
to
\GenericTestStuff.NETFrameWork\App.config
and the error "There is no store type corresponding to the conceptual side type 'SByte' of primitive type 'SByte'." will go away.

* With .NET Framework, the EF6 provider registration should be placed in *.config file of startup application (not DAL assembly).
* With .NET Core, the EF6 provider registration is different: https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql ... ovideref63.

francis

Post by francis » Wed 14 Oct 2020 15:23

I confirm this issue is resolved. I had done some .config file cleanups and had moved some setting to referenced projects and EntityFramework does not like that: it only looks at app.config and ignores sub-project .config files.

Thank you for your help.

Francis