Accessing an existing connection from an SSIS Script Component

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
lb483

Accessing an existing connection from an SSIS Script Component

Post by lb483 » Fri 24 Apr 2020 08:50

I'm using the MySqlLoader in an SSIS script component (C#) as it gives significant performance benefits over other methods.

However as part of the code, I'm having to create a new MySqlConnection object to open the target database. As the package already contains a connection manager to the database, is it possible to make use of this without having to create a new one?

Code: Select all

MySqlConnection mySqlConnx = (MySqlConnection)Connections.Connection;
results in the error:

Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to class type 'Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlConnection'. Instances of types that represent COM components cannot be cast to types that do not represent COM components; however they can be cast to interfaces as long as the underlying COM component supports QueryInterface calls for the IID of the interface.
Is there a way to reuse this existing component? My current workaround is:

MySqlConnection mySqlConnx = new MySqlConnection(Connections.Connection.ConnectionString);
mySqlConnx.Password = "***";
If I could reuse the existing connection manager, I wouldn't have to code in the password but I can't find a way to do this.

Thanks.
Last edited by lb483 on Fri 24 Apr 2020 10:24, edited 1 time in total.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Accessing an existing connection from an SSIS Script Component

Post by Shalex » Fri 24 Apr 2020 16:30