Devart is glad to announce the release of dotConnect for MySQL 8.14 — a powerful ADO.NET provider for MySQL with advanced support for Entity Framework, Entity Framework Core, and LinqConnect ORMs.
The new version offers you support for Entity Framework 6.3 Preview 9 and .NET Core 3 Preview 9.
dotConnect for MySQL .NET Standard 2.0 compatible assemblies are completely compatible with .NET Core 3, and we offer a new Devart.Data.MySql.EF6 NuGet package with a .NET Standard 2.1 assembly, allowing use of dotConnect for MySQL on .NET Core 3 in projects, using Entity Framework 6.3.
Entity Developer also fully supports Entity Framework 6.3 and allows you to add Devart Entity Models to projects, targeting .NET Core 3.
Besides, when installing dotConnect for MySQL, you can integrate it into release and preview versions of Visual Studio 2019 (even into both simultaneously).
You can find more details in our blog article.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for MySQL 8.14.1470 features:
- The integration with Visual Studio 2019 is improved: now the installation detects both 2019 Release and 2019 Preview versions
- Entity Framework 6.3 Preview 9 is supported for projects with target framework .NET Core 3 or .NET Standard 2.1
- The behaviour is changed: a plural form of names ending with "s" now has a longer version (for example, status -> statuses)
- The bug with applying the new Foreign Key's Delete Rule values SET DEFAULT and SET NULL by the Update Database From Model and Update Model From Database wizards is fixed (Entity Framework)
- The bug with copying a property with Primary Key=True / Entity Key=True to a complex type is fixed (Entity Framework)
- The bug with naming of a composing unique key by Create Model Wizard / Update From Database Wizard in EF Core is fixed (Entity Framework)
- The bug with invalid attempt to cast unsupported Visual Studio project to type 'VSLangProj.VSProject' is fixed
- Entity Framework 6.3 Preview 9 is supported
- A new NuGet package Devart.Data.MySql.EF6 with a .NET Standard 2.1 assembly, compatible with .NET Core 3, is added
- The bug with using the same database connection in several EF Core contexts is fixed
- The bug with applying a value converter to .Where expression with .Contains on nullable enum in EF Core 2 is fixed
- The bug with converting binary(16) to System.Guid in EF6 is fixed
Devart development team