Licence Not Found

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
tanasai

Licence Not Found

Post by tanasai » Sat 15 Apr 2006 19:09

I just downloaded MySQLDirect .NET version 3.20 for .NET Framework 1.x to trial if this library could be used to my application before pay for it.

I added the library to my Visual .NET 2003, but, on run time, when it trying to use the library, the errors read:

"An unhandled exception of type 'CoreLab.MySql.MySqlException' occurred in system.data.dll

Additional information: License not found. Please view "Licensing" topic in MySQLDirect .NET documentation for details or contact Core Lab technical support."

Do I have to obtain the licence before try this?

Thanks

Tanasai Koo.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 17 Apr 2006 07:11

MySQLDirect .NET requires special embedded resource being present in your application. This resource can be added automatically when you drop
MySqlConnection component to the WinForms designer, or created manually. For more information refer to 'Licensing' article in MySQLDirect .NET documentation. Please read it carefully.
Inform us if you cannot read documentation.
If instructions provided there do not help you please make sure you have
newest version of MySQLDirect .NET installed. If you do, specify your .NET
Framework version, MySQLDirect .NET version and type of project you create.
Please inform us if you solved the problem.

tanasai

Post by tanasai » Mon 17 Apr 2006 07:47

I have just read the document and see that the licenses.licx has been added correctly (as Embedded Resource). However, the problem still occurs.

So, I just re-installed MySQLDirect .NET as recommended, by uninstall and install it again, but this time I got error when Visual 2003 start up with read:

"Sorry your trial period has expired"

My information
-----------------
My .NET framework version: 1.0
MySQLDirect .NET version: 3.20
Type of project: Class Library

First thing first, how could I fixed the "Sorry your trial period has expired" problem so that I can try fixing the license furthen.

Thanks.

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 17 Apr 2006 08:49

Please create small application with one MySqlConnection and license
information. Send us sources and .exe, .dll files.

tanasai

Post by tanasai » Mon 17 Apr 2006 11:02

How to submit the files to this forum?

Or I suppose to send via email? which email you need me to send?

Thanks.[/url][/list]

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Mon 17 Apr 2006 12:35

Post your test project to the email address provided in the registration letter.