Receiving a licensing error

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
KenLavigne

Receiving a licensing error

Post by KenLavigne » Wed 14 Mar 2018 19:32

Hi, I am having a problem using .connect for MySql. I have recently downloaded the software from the page sent to me when I purchased a license. It is version 8.10.1086. I purchased this in March of 2017 and have used it in the past, but I reinstalled it on this new dev machine and now when I try to do a simple update to a MySql record i get an error that simply says "Assembly that contains embedded dotConnect for MySQL license cannot be used with this application". Is it saying that my license has expired or is there something else I'm doing wrong? I am running this app from within VS2015 with update 3 in debug mode.

Thanks in advance.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Receiving a licensing error

Post by Shalex » Thu 15 Mar 2018 14:02

Our license validator looks for the valid license in the following way:
YourApp2.exe -> DataAccessClassLibrary.dll -> Devart.Data.MySql.dll

A valid license resource for *.exe has to be available at any level of this chain: either built in *.exe (licenses.licx), or added to one of the used class libraries (licenses.licx + licenses.config with the name of *.exe).

Most likely, your new application (YourApp2.exe) is not listed in licenses.config. Please add its name to licenses.config and rebuild DataAccessClassLibrary.dll on a workstation where dotConnect for MySQL is installed.

Refer to https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql ... g.html#lib.

KenLavigne

Re: Receiving a licensing error

Post by KenLavigne » Thu 15 Mar 2018 14:50

It had been so long since I created a project with this, I forgot about the license wizard. After running it and telling it to fix the problems, it worked like a charm.

Thanks for the help and the wizard. SOme of us really need it. :)