Percona Cluster Connection

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
llowry

Percona Cluster Connection

Post by llowry » Wed 26 Oct 2016 22:43

With an older version of the connector we could use the following connection string to connect to
a Percona multi-master cluster.
Host=(192.168.100.222,192.168.100.221,192.168.100.220); Database=test; User ID=me; Password=mypass; Tiny As Boolean = true;
With this connection if one of the servers had failed the connection just failed over to the next host.

Now with the later versions this fails. Meaning if the first server is not available the connection just
fails. No more fail over.
I am testing this with version 8.3.303.0. I will try to test with the latest version.

Any thoiughts why this does not work?

Larry

llowry

Re: Percona Cluster Connection

Post by llowry » Thu 27 Oct 2016 23:41

As a followup this is also a problem in version 8.6.763.

Am I missing something?

Larry

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Percona Cluster Connection

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 28 Oct 2016 13:17

dotConnect for MySQL provides the load balancing feature. This feature allows you to specify several hosts with their ports in the Host parameter of the connection string, like "Host = (localhost:3307,db:3308,db)". When using the load balancing feature, the host will be switched for each new SELECT or SHOW statement. The first host in the list is considered the master host. All statements other than SELECT and SHOW will be executed against it. Thus, if a connection to a host failed, it won’t try connecting to the next host, instead it will produce an error. For more information, please refer to https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql ... ncing.html.

If you use LocalFailover in your connection, it will try reconnecting to the next host for SELECT or SHOW statements. But if you try executing some other statement, it will still reconnect to the first host. For more information, please refer to https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql ... lover.html