Devart is glad to announce the release of dotConnect for MySQL 8.5, Devart ADO.NET data provider for MySQL with support for Entity Framework, LinqConnect (LINQ to MySQL) and NHibernate. The new version offers you support for Entity Framework Core RC1.
Entity Framework Core Support
Entity Framework Core (formerly, Entity Framework 7) is a new version or Microsoft widely used ORM, which is completely redesigned and intended to be a multi-platform and more lightweight ORM solution that can be used in traditional .NET scenarios, in cloud, on devices, etc.
Currently Entity Framework Core support in our providers is implemented only for the full .NET Framework platform .NET Framework 4.5.1 and higher.
Since Entity Framework Core is a completely redesigned ORM, which shares little but a name and LINQ support with previous Entity Framework versions, there are a lot of changes in our Entity Framework providers for Entity Framework Core. You can read more about these changes in our blog articles: Entity Framework Core 1 (Entity Framework 7) Support and Migrating Entity Framework 6 projects to Entity Framework Core 1 (Entity Framework 7).
Entity Framework Assembly Name Change
In addition to Entity Framework Core support we announce that our Entity Framework-related assemblies are renamed for all the providers that support Entity Framework. Previously each of the providers contained several assemblies with the same name - Devart.Data.MySql.Entity.dll for different Entity Framework versions, which had different revision number. This could cause confusions, so now assemblies for different versions of Entity Framework have different names.
The same is related to the Devart.Data.MySql.Entity.Migrations.dll assembly and to Devart.Data.MySql.Entity.Spatials.dll assembly.
- Entity Framework v1:
Note that the revision number is no longer used to indicate the required Entity Framework version - it is 0 for all the assemblies.
Here is the complete list of dotConnect for MySQL 8.5.639 features:
- The Run Once Command connection string parameter, which specifies a command to execute when the connection is opened the first time and not executed when the connection is taken from the pool, is added
- The new LoadTable overloads for loading data from a IDataReader, array of rows, or only rows with a specific RowState from a DataTable are added to the MySqlLoader class
- Truncate member that represents the TRUNCATE TABLE statement is added to the SqlStatementType enum
- The bug throwing System.FormatException by the MySqlDataReader.GetBoolean method is fixed
- Entity Framework Core RC1 is supported
- Entity Framework-related assemblies are renamed