Visual Studio 2015 passes parameters to lc.exe differently than older Visual Studio versions. Starting with dotConnect for MySQL 8.3.422, we have taken these differences into account and correctly process parameters, passed by Visual Studio 2015.
In order to use Visual Studio 2015 you need dotConnect for MySQL 8.3.422 or higher, or to compile license resources manually.
The license resource can be compiled in the following way:
1. Create a text file named licenses.licx and enter the following text inside the licenses.licx file:
2.Generate the license resource file using the following command line:
"%Compiler Path%\lc.exe /target:MyApplication.exe /complist:licenses.licx /i:"%Assembly Path%\Devart.Data.MySql.dll"
- %Compiler Path% is the path to the appropriate lc.exe file (for example, C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0\Bin);
- MyApplication.exe is the name of your target executable file;
- licenses.licx is your licenses.licx file;
- %Assembly Path% is the Devart.Data.MySql.dll assembly location.
3. The License compiler will generate the 'MyApplication.exe.licenses' resource file;
4. Add this file to your project as an embedded resource and rebuild the project.
For more information about how to compile license resource manually, please refer to https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql ... ml#compile