problem with VS2005 and .NET Mobile2

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Snecx

problem with VS2005 and .NET Mobile2

Post by Snecx » Sat 18 Feb 2006 21:17

Hello

Recently i started developing so i´m new to all that stuff.
I use VS2005 prof edition. I downloaded the file mysqlnetmob2.exe and installed it. Now i´m trying to get the samples to work.
A user in this forum has the same problems (ghosted icons in the toolbar and so on)
I did what suggested. I did a clean install of VS2005 and the .NET Mobile 2 .
No luck. I tried to double click teh MainForm.vb and this is what i get:

Error 2 Unable to load referenced library 'C:\New Folder\DataReader\VB\CoreLab.CF.MySql.Addin.dll': Version 2.0 is not a compatible version. C:\New Folder\DataReader\VB\vbc DataReader

Error 6 Unable to load referenced library 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Design\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Design.dll': Version 2.0 is not a compatible version. C:\New Folder\DataReader\VB\vbc DataReader

One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project, while others may require code changes.
The designer cannot process the code at line 127: Me.mySqlConnection.ConnectionString = "User Id=root;Database=test;Host=192.168.0.200;" The code within the method 'InitializeComponent' is generated by the designer and should not be manually modified. Please remove any changes and try opening the designer again.
Hide Edit

at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.XML.CodeDomXmlProcessor.CreateQuoteExpression(XmlElementData xmlElement)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.XML.CodeDomXmlProcessor.XmlElementData.get_CodeDomElement()
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.XML.CodeDomXmlProcessor.EndElement(String prefix, String name, String urn)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.XML.CodeDomXmlProcessor.Parse(XmlReader reader)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.XML.CodeDomXmlProcessor.ParseXml(String xmlStream, CodeStatementCollection statementCollection, String fileName, String methodName)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomParser.OnMethodPopulateStatements(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.CodeDom.CodeMemberMethod.get_Statements()
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.TypeCodeDomSerializer.Deserialize(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeTypeDeclaration declaration)
at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager manager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.PerformLoad(IDesignerSerializationManager serializationManager)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Design.Serialization.CodeDom.VSCodeDomDesignerLoader.DeferredLoadHandler.Microsoft.VisualStudio.TextManager.Interop.IVsTextBufferDataEvents.OnLoadCompleted(Int32 fReload)

any ideas??

Serious

Post by Serious » Mon 20 Feb 2006 07:26

Looks like there are some problems with converting .NET Compact Framework 1 project to .NET Compact Framework 2 one. We will fix this issue in next version of our product.

Check if you can use MySQLDirect .NET 2 Mobile when creating new Device Application project. Use Form designer to create required components and automatically add assembly reference.

Snecx

Post by Snecx » Mon 20 Feb 2006 13:53

thx for your reply.
Yes I am able to use MySQLDirect .NET when i create a new application.
Still the ghost problem with many icons but ok.

I need a sample where i can see how to use the MySQLDirect.
I need a simple application to run SELECT,UPDATE and DELETE statements.
Maybe a form, some textboxes, some buttons. enter some values and click INSERT into Database. Another button and UPDATE the values.
Can anybody get me a realy easy example?

Thank you

Serious

Post by Serious » Tue 21 Feb 2006 10:22

"StoredProc" demo project contains functionality you want. It takes input from TextBoxes to update database using stored procedure.