ASP.Net MVC 4 how to add a database product list

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
sisimon

ASP.Net MVC 4 how to add a database product list

Post by sisimon » Wed 11 Jun 2014 15:16

Does any know a good place to find information on how to get a database working in MVC 4 or 3....

dotConnect - I can get the database in my "Server Explorer" in Visual Studio 2012 Professional, but for some reason can not get a grid view / table view in MVC... (C# ASP.net)

Database : datatest
Table : product
Table cells : prodnames

Using the standard VS2012 - selecting Framework 4, as a "ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Application"
Which creates a : MvcApplication

I did follow the first example, but looking for a way to add in data from a database...

Any help would be great - as building a demo site to compare speeds... And new at MVC - been mostly using this in Objective-C.

Have tried WebForm ASP.Net - and this works great... Just need to configure the MVC to buy dotConnect for MySQL and dbForge STudio for MySQL
Cheers
Simon

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: ASP.Net MVC 4 how to add a database product list

Post by Shalex » Thu 12 Jun 2014 10:58

dotConnect for MySQL tutorial about SimpleMembership functionality in MVC4: http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/ ... orial.html.
sisimon wrote:for some reason can not get a grid view / table view in MVC... (C# ASP.net)
Here is a general Microsoft tutorial about data access in MVC4: http://www.asp.net/mvc/tutorials/hands- ... ata-access. Try using it with dotConnect for MySQL instead of System.Data.SqlClient. If you encounter any provider-specific problems, please contact us.

sisimon

Re: ASP.Net MVC 4 how to add a database product list

Post by sisimon » Thu 12 Jun 2014 14:16

Thanks - also found out the problem was using "MySQL Connectors" which was clashing with Devart - so removed all my programs and now can connect Data Models using Entity Framework...
Thanks Shalex, for the lessons link - will check these out... Cheers Simon