2 very annoying problems with 3.20.6 for .NET 2

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
trygvelo

2 very annoying problems with 3.20.6 for .NET 2

Post by trygvelo » Mon 16 Jan 2006 10:36

Hi, the most annoying problem I have is that every time I change some properties in a dataset created by MySQL DataAdapters it pops up a dialog with the question: "Do you want to regenerate Parameters collection for ". Since I have quite a lot of DataAdapters each with 4 sql statements, I get A LOT of these in a row... Mouseclicking olympics here I come... :evil: And I don't even want to regenerate the Parameters collection...

The second issue I have is with the Design Time Command Generator for DataAdapter. The generated sql update and delete statements adds all the UpdatingFields selected to the where clause, the way I see it only KEY FIELDS should be added to the where clause. Please correct! Beside from that I must say I like that you now give the generated parameters a good name: Original_ID f.ex. instead of just p1, p2 etc.

Please correct these problems quick!

Trygve

Serious

Re: 2 very annoying problems with 3.20.6 for .NET 2

Post by Serious » Mon 16 Jan 2006 12:44

trygvelo wrote:Hi, the most annoying problem I have is that every time I change some properties in a dataset created by MySQL DataAdapters it pops up a dialog with the question: "Do you want to regenerate Parameters collection for ". Since I have quite a lot of DataAdapters each with 4 sql statements, I get A LOT of these in a row... Mouseclicking olympics here I come... :evil: And I don't even want to regenerate the Parameters collection...
We are investigating this problem right now.
You will be notified of the results.

As for DataAdapter Command Generator behavior. It is caused by default CommandBuilder behavior in the .NET Framework 2. We made some modifications in this designer under .NET2 so in the next build it will generate commands same as for .NET1.

Serious

Re: 2 very annoying problems with 3.20.6 for .NET 2

Post by Serious » Thu 16 Mar 2006 15:44

trygvelo wrote:Hi, the most annoying problem I have is that every time I change some properties in a dataset created by MySQL DataAdapters it pops up a dialog with the question: "Do you want to regenerate Parameters collection for ". Since I have quite a lot of DataAdapters each with 4 sql statements, I get A LOT of these in a row... Mouseclicking olympics here I come... :evil: And I don't even want to regenerate the Parameters collection...
We have improved MySQLDirect .NET in the way you requested. The changes will be included in the next release.