Licensing Problems / Licensing Bugs

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
cjendro

Licensing Problems / Licensing Bugs

Post by cjendro » Mon 02 Jan 2006 11:06

Hi,

I have bought MySQLDirect.net driver 2 weeks ago, but i still dont have a working version because of the licensing problems.

Is there any way for me to download an older Version without the licensing issue? e.g. MySQLDirect .NET 2.x?

Carsten Jendro
Last edited by cjendro on Sat 07 Jan 2006 16:44, edited 1 time in total.

cjendro_

Post by cjendro_ » Tue 03 Jan 2006 11:16

Any support here?

Serious

Post by Serious » Tue 03 Jan 2006 12:38

We are ready to give you any support you need.
If you have questions on licensing feel free to contact us vial forum or support e-mail specified in registration letter.

Unfortunately we cannot give you any version of our product except current build.

Post by Guest » Tue 03 Jan 2006 13:38

I have MySQLDirect.NET current version 3.20.7 and my problem are:

1)

Corelab says that MySQLDirect.NET runs under MONO / LINUX and will be constantly testet

So i bought your MySQLDirect driver, but the current version dont runs under mono/linux, so i cant use it.

2)

So i changed my project to run on windows.

Simple test projects with single exe works fine.

My constellation with dynamicly loaded dll's and multiple components in the project witch all uses component licensing don't works at all

my confuguration is

- executable is loading dll1 static
- dll1 is loading dll2 by reflection
- dll2 is loading mysqldirect static

i can't get this configuration get running at all, i have tried to compile the licence into exe or dll, nothing worked.
in my project are many dll's that also uses component licensing and the have their own xxxxxxxx.dll.licenses resource files in it and it seems that mysqldirect driver dont searches the first licence resource found and not all loaded assemblys.

because of this bugs i cant use the mysqldirect driver even though i paid for it.

Post by Guest » Tue 03 Jan 2006 13:42

replace "driver dont searches" by "driver searches " ;-)

Paul

Post by Paul » Wed 04 Jan 2006 10:55

Yes, OraDirect searches for license in one resourse named as "ApplicationName.exe.licenses" only. This is a standard behaviour. We may reconsider this in the next build. Can you name example components that search for license in all loaded assemblies?

cjendro

Post by cjendro » Wed 04 Jan 2006 11:38

Paul wrote:Yes, OraDirect searches for license in one resourse named as "ApplicationName.exe.licenses" only. This is a standard behaviour. We may reconsider this in the next build.

look at this example.

app1 is an application that i use, but i dont have the sourcecode of the app, so i cant recompile it with the needed license.
lib1 and lib2 are parts of app1

plugin1.dll is my own code that uses MySQLDirect.net
plugin1.dll is the only dll i can put the license, an the license resource is named plugin1.dll.licenses

what can i do to get this configuration work?

Code: Select all

app1.exe
     |
     +-----lib1.dll
     |
     +-----lib2.dll
                |
                +--- plugin1.dll
                       |
                       +-----MySQLDirect.dll

Paul wrote:Can you name example components that search for license in all loaded assemblies?

yes i think i can, but i must take a look when im at home, i can answer this tomorrow

you can also cantact me via icq if you have more questions

cjendro

Post by cjendro » Thu 05 Jan 2006 12:52

@paul

as far as i know "Janus System" Controls can work with licenses in dll's instead of the exe

any news on your side about my problems?

cjendro

Post by cjendro » Fri 06 Jan 2006 11:22

An other simple example for licenses that can only be compiled into dynamic loaded dll's instead of exe is this

Code: Select all

devenv.exe
     |
     +-----Microsoft.VisualStudio.dll
                |
                +--- MyDevEnvPlugin.dll
                       |
                       +-----MySQLDirect.dll

I know that this example is not 100% correct, because devenv.exe is not an .net assembly and Microsoft.VisualStudio.dll is loaded in its own AppDomain.

But it should be only be an example that configurations like this can be found in many applications und they are not exceptional.

any news about this problem?

cjendro

Post by cjendro » Tue 10 Jan 2006 12:21

Any news here?

It's almost 3 weeks ago that i bought MySQLDirect

- I still don't got a working version with a working licensing mechanism.

- I still don't got a Version that runs under Linux/Mono as denoted here in the forum.

Carsten Jendro

Paul

Post by Paul » Tue 10 Jan 2006 15:36

You need to include resource with license to executable file (if it is not web project). We will discuss details in mail.

cjendro

Post by cjendro » Tue 10 Jan 2006 15:39

ok, mail me.

cjendro

Post by cjendro » Wed 11 Jan 2006 08:45

edited (got mail)

cjendro

Post by cjendro » Fri 27 Jan 2006 15:33

Still the same problem with 3.20.8

License not found. Please view "Licensing" topic in OraDirect .NET documentation for details or contact Core Lab technical support.

FransBouma

Post by FransBouma » Sat 28 Jan 2006 23:22

Licensing is BROKEN.

.exe is compiled with 3.20.7.0 in its licenses.licx file, it contains the valid license encrypted block. It WORKS with 3.20.7 installed.

Uninstall 3.20.7 std.
Install 3.20.8 std.

Run exe again. -> Licensing error.

Update exe's licenses.licx file to 3.20.8 reference, recompile, .exe works.

BROKEN licensing scheme. Our customers run into this CRAP AGAIN. I'm now sick and tired of this. I've spend a lot of time solving this but if it breaks every time you release a new version, it's BROKEN on your end.

We can't release a .exe every time YOU release a new version, Core Lab. We don't distribute the provider, our customers buy that from you themselves.

It's broken because they HAVE a license for 3.20, the checks you've implemented don't work properly.

I can reproduce it with the steps above. After I install 3.20.8 it stops working, while I DO have a valid license.

Please fix A.S.A.P.