LinqConnect Engine Issues

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
robbym

LinqConnect Engine Issues

Post by robbym » Thu 27 Sep 2012 22:03

I was doing a DataContext.Submit() in my code and received the following exception:
System.NullReferenceException was caught
Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source=Devart.Data.Linq
StackTrace:
at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.MultiKeyManager`3.CreateKeyFromValues(Object[] values)
at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.KeyManager`2.b(Object[] A_0)
at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.a0.a(MetaDataMember A_0, Object A_1)
at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.bp.a(Object A_0, MetaAssociation A_1, IObjectEntry& A_2)
at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.bp.a()
at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.bp.b()
at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.bp.a(IObjectEntry[] A_0)
at Devart.Data.Linq.Engine.an.a(ConflictMode A_0)
at Devart.Data.Linq.DataContext.SubmitChanges(ConflictMode failureMode)
at CommerceServer.Data.DataRepository.Commit()
I'm using the latest version of the Devart MySQL Professional (Trial Edition) that I downloaded yesterday. I'm running Windows 7 x64 with .NET 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010. This error occurred within a .NET 4.0 ASP.NET application.

I also noticed the following thread in the PostgreSQL forums about this issue, but didn't see any solutions: http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24648

If there's any kind of debug build (obfuscated, but with better exception handling at that method), I'll be happy to run it locally to help solve this problem. While inspecting the obfuscated assembly in dotPeek, the method in question looked pretty solid and I was having trouble determining the line wherein the exception occurred.

Aside from that, I have to say that I am extremely impressed with the MySQL driver and corresponding LINQ implementation. Aside from this little quirk, this migration project from SQL Server to MySQL has gone flawlessly. Kudos to you guys for building such a great product. We'll definitely be purchasing next week when we go into production (provided we can work around this problem).

robbym

Re: LinqConnect Engine Issues

Post by robbym » Thu 27 Sep 2012 22:28

Devart.Data.Linq v4.1.82.0
Devart.Data.MySql v7.2.77.0
Devart.Data.MySql.Linq v4.1.82.0

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: LinqConnect Engine Issues

Post by MariiaI » Fri 28 Sep 2012 07:53

We couldn't reproduce this issue with dotConnect for MySQL 7.2.77. We are sending you the table definitions and a sample project to the e-mail address you provided in your forum profile. Please check that the letter is not blocked by your mail filter.
Please make changes to the project, so that the issue could be reproduced, and send it back to us.