RIA Services - Add Domain Service Class Wizard Problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Miros

RIA Services - Add Domain Service Class Wizard Problem

Post by Miros » Thu 03 Nov 2011 14:08

Hi there,

I have started a Silverlight Project, with a Web Host project, containing my Entity Data Model and RIA Domain Services.

I have created a Devart Entity Model (.edml) and then I am trying to create a Domain Service using the VS2010 "Add New Domain Service Class" Wizard, but my Devart Entity Model does not show up in the "Available context classes".

I have tried with standard ADO .NET Entity Data Model, selecting a MySQL data connection to connect to my MySQL database, then it shows up in the wizard.

Am I doing something wrong, or does .edml simply not work together with Domain Service Classes?

I hope that is not the case, since the Entity Developer is MUCH better to work with than Entity Data Model Designer.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 04 Nov 2011 15:24

Miros wrote:I am trying to create a Domain Service using the VS2010 "Add New Domain Service Class" Wizard, but my Devart Entity Model does not show up in the "Available context classes"
You should rebuild your solution after adding Devart Entity Model to make it available for Domain Service Class.

Miros

Post by Miros » Sat 05 Nov 2011 00:02

As I wrote, it works fine with ADO .NET Entity Data Model .edmx - so obviously that's not the issue.

Miros

Post by Miros » Sun 06 Nov 2011 18:39

Does that mean that it should work with Domain Services Class Wizard, and if so, how come it doesn't work for me?

Miros

Post by Miros » Sun 06 Nov 2011 23:47

I finally found out what the problem was.

If you accidentially name the Namespace or Entity Name in the Devart Entity Model Wizard, using a name that already is used in your project, the Entity Data Model doesn't show up in the Domain Services Class Wizard.

Choosing a new name solved it.