Problems with connection at SQLCommand in VB2008 Express

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Bernd

Problems with connection at SQLCommand in VB2008 Express

Post by Bernd » Mon 16 May 2011 14:36

Hello,
I'm new in dotConnect.
I'm programming with Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition.
I've downloaded and installed dotConnect 6.1 Professional.
Here my Problem:
First I added an MySQLConnection to my Form, then I added an MySQLCommand.
When I try to open the pulldown-menu to select the connection in the Settings of of the MySQLCommand in VB I would get an Error-Message called 'Die Datei oder Assembly "Microsoft.VisualStudio.Data, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Die gefundene Manifestdefinition der Assembly stimmt nicht mit dem Assemblyverweis überein. (Ausnahme von HRESULT:0x80131040)'.
The Connection will be established correct and licencing is without Errors. With the free Version (Express) of dotConnect this Error won't come and it works.
Any ideas?

Regards
Bernd

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 17 May 2011 15:04

Please add the following entries to the section of the %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\VBExpress.exe.config file:

Code: Select all

Notify us about the results.

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Tue 17 May 2011 16:15

Thank you Shalex, this worked.

Now I have the next problem.
I added a MySqlDataSet to my form and in the dataexplorer it shows me all tables named as System.Byte[].
I did uninstall dotconnect, clear GAC and the devart folder and reinstall as mentioned in a previous thread.
My dotconnect Version is 6.10.141.0, Version of MySQL-Server is 4.1.16,
Character set is UTF-8 Unicode (utf8), VisualBasic Version 9.0.30729.1 SP

Bernd

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 18 May 2011 12:18

Please refer to http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/ ... ility.html:
"There are some limitations in Express Editions of Visual Studio. The following features are not available: provider add-in, automatic toolbox components registration and DDEX integration. As an exception, Visual Web Developer supports DDEX features."

If this is not the case, give us the following information:
1) explain what you mean saying "dataexplorer" - the exact name of this window, and the way we can launch it to reproduce the issue;
2) send us or post here the DDL script of one of your tables which names are displayed as System.Byte[].

Bernd

Post by Bernd » Wed 18 May 2011 15:30

Hello,
the window is named 'Devart DataSet Wizard'
I add a MySqlDataSet-Element from the Toolbox to the form, say 'New typed MySqlDataSet' and the Devart DataSet Wizard starts. I choose 'new DataSet' and come to the Window to choose database objects.
The Treeview shows my Connection, the database and the tables, but they are all named System.Byte[]
The second part of your answer I didn't understand, what do you meen with DDL script of the table?
Hope you can help anyway.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 19 May 2011 15:00

We have reproduced the mentioned problem. It persists only with MySQL server v 4.1.x in our environment. We will investigate it and notify you about the results as soon as possible.

As a temporary workaround, please try using another version of MySQL server.

Be aware that the bug with "Bad handshake" exception when connecting to MySQL servers v 5.1.57 and 5.5.12 was fixed in dotConnect for MySQL v 6.30.160. We recommend you using the latest versions of dotConnect for MySQL and MySQL server.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 27 May 2011 07:28

The bug with displaying table names in DataSet Wizard when connecting to MySQL server 4.1 is fixed. I will post here when the corresponding build of dotConnect for MySQL is available for download.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 02 Jun 2011 12:10

New build of dotConnect for MySQL 6.30.165 is available for download!
It can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/download.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with valid subscription only): http://secure.devart.com/ .
For more information, please refer to http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21149 .