license not found with ASP.NET application in Delphi Prism

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
fritsr

license not found with ASP.NET application in Delphi Prism

Post by fritsr » Mon 18 Oct 2010 09:27

I'm stuck with a new ASP.NET application. On a blog page I describe my steps: blog.

Any suggestions?

fritsr

Post by fritsr » Mon 18 Oct 2010 10:56

Is it because I use a trial version, that I can not deploy it on a remote server ?

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Tue 19 Oct 2010 14:57

For the detailed information about the difference between Web Sites and Web Applications, please refer to the corresponding topic at MSDN:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... app_topic5

1. Concerning the problem with Web Site:

The lc.exe application is used to compile license resources from the licenses.licx file. Apparently, the problem is that this file cannot be found. As a workaround, you can copy lc.exe to
C:\Windows\system32\
from
C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\v2.0\Bin\

We could not reproduce this issue in our environment. Could you please specify the capacity (x86 or x64) of your machine and all versions of Visual Studio and .NET Framework that are installed on it?

2. Concerning ASP.NET Web Application:

Please see the first option at
http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/ ... g.html#asp

The 'Build Runtime Licenses' option is not available for this type of projects, the license resource should be compiled and embedded into the project output assembly instead. You can, e.g., use the License wizard (the Tools -> MySQL -> License Information item of the Visual Studio main menu) for this.

Feel free to contact us if anything is unclear.

fritsr

Post by fritsr » Thu 21 Oct 2010 11:12

in the first scenario I copied the lc.exe programm as suggested. After a restart of Delphi Prism I could build the runtime licenses. Thanks.