medium trust issues with devart connector

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
yhersh

Post by yhersh » Fri 30 Apr 2010 12:24

Hi,

I am having a problem deploying the assembly "Devart.Data.MySql" Version=5.70.124.0 into my shared hosting provider which is Rackspace.

I get the following error while trying to connect to the database:
"SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.RegistryPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +54
Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CheckSubKeyReadPermission(String subkeyName) +127
Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CheckOpenSubKeyPermission(String subkeyName, Boolean subKeyWritable) +35
Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable) +71
Devart.Common.k.a(String& A_0, String& A_1) +103
Devart.Common.l.a(LicenseContext A_0, Type A_1, String& A_2, Boolean& A_3, String& A_4, String& A_5) +132
Devart.Common.l.a(LicenseContext A_0, Type A_1, Boolean A_2) +272
Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlProviderFactory.CreateConnection() +81
"

This is the link for the medium trust config file of Rackspace : http://help.rackspacecloud.com/lore/att ... .php?id=81

Thanks for your help....

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Thu 06 May 2010 12:24

The problem appears to be caused by the absence of the technical license for dotConnect for MySQL. Please add the license resource as it is described in our documentation:
http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... nsing.html
http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracle ... yment.html

If there is no license resource in your web application, our components try to check whether dotConnect for MySQL is installed on your system. As they do not have the permission to check the registry, the claimed error occurs.

yhersh

Post by yhersh » Sun 25 Jul 2010 15:43

I am getting the following error:

SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.SecurityPermission, mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.CheckSecurity(ParseRecord pr) +7547043
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ParseArray(ParseRecord pr) +138
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.ParseObject(ParseRecord pr) +76
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Parse(ParseRecord pr) +34
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadArray(BinaryHeaderEnum binaryHeaderEnum) +547
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run() +627
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage) +168
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, Boolean isCrossAppDomain, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage) +203
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream) +12
Devart.Common.n.a(Stream A_0, String A_1, String A_2, String& A_3) +142
Devart.Common.n.a(LicenseContext A_0, Type A_1, String& A_2, String& A_3, String& A_4) +2842
Devart.Common.n.a(LicenseContext A_0, Type A_1, String& A_2, Boolean& A_3, String& A_4, String& A_5) +33
Devart.Common.n.a(LicenseContext A_0, Type A_1, Boolean A_2) +181
Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlProviderFactory.CreateConnection() +64

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Wed 28 Jul 2010 15:16

Could you please describe the structure of your project? As I can understand, it is a web application, am I correct?

Most likely, the problem is that you don't have security permissions for reading some of the files deployed, and this makes it impossible to check the license information. Please specify the way you added the technical license into your project so that we can suggest the exact permissions you need. For example, if you created the app_licenses.dll file, the problem may be that the access to this file is blocked.

yhersh

Post by yhersh » Wed 28 Jul 2010 15:38

Hi,

Yes this is a web project using MS dot net 3.5 and MySql Dot Connect EF 1 schema.

I have used the tool inside visual studio 2010 in order to create the license file (licenses.licx), The file is located in App_Data and marked as resource .

The project has hard dependency on devart dll's (Devart.Data, DevArt.Data.MySql, DevArt.Data.MySql.entity)

Thanks

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Thu 29 Jul 2010 11:42

Please specify whether your web application is precompiled or not. In the first case, please check that the license resource is integrated into the .dll file (there should be an entry starting with "Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlConnection, Devart.Data.MySql"). In the latter case, please check that there is the app_licenses.dll file containing the license resource in your web site.

The problem should be that there are insufficient access permissions that prevent from checking the license. If possible, please try granting full control on the file containing the license resource ([YourApplicationName].dll for precompiled web site and app_licenses.dll otherwise) to check if this is the case.

yhersh

Post by yhersh » Thu 29 Jul 2010 17:43

Hi,

My web application is compiled and have full DEVART references. I followed the instructions from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/ ... tml#manual

The resource i see in the dll is MY-ASSEMBLY.licenses

I checked with license tool and it seems OK.

I cant grant any attributes nor change security policy since i am using rackspace cloud.

For me this is a license hell.....

This is the link for the medium trust config file of Rackspace : http://help.rackspacecloud.com/lore/att ... .php?id=81

Thanks

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Mon 02 Aug 2010 16:09

We've sent you a letter, please answer to support * devart * com .