parameter missing in statement

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
pfpc

parameter missing in statement

Post by pfpc » Fri 05 Aug 2005 10:03

I am currently using mySQLDirect (registered copy)
The first time I used it in a Insetstatment it works fine

But now when I set up the dataadapter to use an Insert statement it keeps coming up with the same invalidoperationException
where it give the first insert field is follows

INSERT
mySqlInsertCommandGrantDaysInLieu.CommandText = "INSERT INTO attendance_Days(LoggedBy, LoggedDate, FFNumber, DIL, Holiday) VALUES ('id12345', 04/08/2005, 'id23456', 25/11/2005, 'Bankholiday')"

DATAADAPTER
in the dataadapter I have configured it with the command
INSERT INTO attendance_DaysInLieu(LoggedBy, LoggedDate, FFNumber, DIL, Holiday) VALUES (:LoggedBy, :LoggedDate, :FFNumber, :DIL, :Holiday)

Yet if I cope the above insert statement directly into mySQL it works perfectly

If you need any more information let me know

Thanks

parameter is missing at statement

Post by Guest » Fri 05 Aug 2005 12:04

I am currently using mySQLDirect (registered copy)
The first time I used it in a Insetstatment it works fine

But now when I set up the dataadapter to use an Insert statement it keeps coming up with the same invalidoperationException
where it give the first insert field is follows

LoggedBy parameter is missing at statement
If I delete this field (the first one) it comes back with the same error for the next field
LoggedDate parameter is missing at statement

I am getting this error also in delete statements which work fine when transferred directly to mySQL

Yet the SELECT statement all seem to work fine

INSERT
mySqlInsertCommandGrantDaysInLieu.CommandText = "INSERT INTO attendance_Days(LoggedBy, LoggedDate, FFNumber, DIL, Holiday) VALUES ('id12345', 04/08/2005, 'id23456', 25/11/2005, 'Bankholiday')"

DATAADAPTER
in the dataadapter I have configured it with the command
INSERT INTO attendance_DaysInLieu(LoggedBy, LoggedDate, FFNumber, DIL, Holiday) VALUES (:LoggedBy, :LoggedDate, :FFNumber, :DIL, :Holiday)

Yet if I cope the above insert statement directly into mySQL it works perfectly

If you need any more information let me know

Thanks

Oleg
Devart Team

Post by Oleg » Mon 08 Aug 2005 09:32

What does this code mean in your example:
INSERT
It results in the error you described if you place it somewhere in your application because the code does not contain parameters. Take a look at our sample project DataSet that demonstrates work with DataAdapter and read article "Using Parameters".