SSH Private key question

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
LarsOberg

SSH Private key question

Post by LarsOberg » Tue 19 Jan 2010 00:46

Hi,

I am looking at the SshOptions.PrivateKey, which specifies the location of the key. One thing that would be really useful is to have the option of specifying the actual key instead of the location of it.

For a WinForm application, having the private key in a file or embedded resource is not very secure. A certificate store is one solution, but having the option of using our own mechanism for securing the key and then just supplying the decrypted key to SshOptions would be great.

Is this something that could be implemented in the near future?

Thanks,
Lars

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 19 Jan 2010 11:55

We will investigate the possibility of such interface implementation and notify you about the results as soon as possible.

JimBalo

Post by JimBalo » Wed 03 Feb 2010 02:17

Hello,

I am interested in the same feature. Maybe it can be implemented without even changing the interface: Just add a "string:" prefix and interpret the text following the prefix as the actual SSH key.

An approximate ETA (if you can do this) would be fantastic!

Cheers!
Jim

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 03 Feb 2010 11:44

We plan to add this functionality in two months or so. But there is no exact timeframe. I will post here when it is implemented.