MySQLDirect 3.0 and related...

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Wavyx

MySQLDirect 3.0 and related...

Post by Wavyx » Tue 12 Jul 2005 06:41

Hi,

first I would congratulate corelab to include ssh/ssl support. I didn't have time to try it yet but I'm rather happy with the integration of these new functionalities !!

As every customer, I received the odering link but it's a bit confusing: http://crlab.com/mysqlnet/ordering.html and I have a couple of questions:
- Does the MysqlDirect Pro includes Mysql Direct Mobile ? (if yes, the weird thing is that their prices are the same)
- Is there a webpage which detail the Mysql Direct Mobile version ?
- I own unidirect and mysql direct. I need to upgade both of these components to benefit the latest enhancements ?
- Is there some bundle of unidirect+mysql direct (+ mobile mysql direct) ? or a 'global' bundle for unidirect + corelab compatible components ?
- I know there is a lot of questions, but a last one ;) I read that mysql mobile can "only" connect to external mysql database (via tcp). Is there a plan to use the embedded vesion (libmysqld) on a pocket pc? I'm not sure if it's possible nor the ressources are sufficient but it worth asking ;)

Thanks for your answers :P and for this great job !

Serious

Post by Serious » Wed 13 Jul 2005 10:16

>Does the MysqlDirect Pro includes Mysql Direct Mobile?
MySQLDirect .NET Pro package doesn't include Mobile version. Mobile version is distributed separately.

>Is there a webpage which detail the Mysql Direct Mobile version?
If you want to read MySQLDirect .NET Mobile overview/help or test it you can download free trial version. It includes required assemblies, full help system and various sample projects.

> I own unidirect and mysql direct.
You don't need to upgrade UniDirect in order to use it with new version of MySQLDirect .NET.

>Is there some bundle of unidirect+mysql direct?
UniDirect .NET can be registered in addition to MySQLDirect.NET Standard or Professional for only $49.95. See details here.

>Is there a plan to use the embedded vesion (libmysqld) on a pocket pc?
As we know, MySQL Embedded Server cannot run on PocketPC.

Wavyx

Post by Wavyx » Wed 13 Jul 2005 11:02

thanks for all those precisions

for libmsqld (embedded) on pocket, it was just a tought. But I didn't play with the interop/marshaling stuff for a while (and since your components do it pretty well :P). and so I was wondering if there are any possibilites to p/invoke the embedded dll on a pocket. If I do some extra tests and get to load the database on a pocket, I will let you know ;)

See you

Serious

Post by Serious » Wed 13 Jul 2005 15:08

As far as we know there's no official MySQL Embedded Server version for Pocket PC platform. In case you know such please share it with us and we will investigate possibility of supporting Embedded Server on this platform.

Wavyx

Post by Wavyx » Wed 13 Jul 2005 16:13

i guess you're right because I have no idea what are the requisite of the dll and if it could run on a pocket (but I seriously doubt now :()