Our application uses version 4.85.35 of the CorLab.MySql component. I built another version of our app with the latest version from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/. This version of our application had the same 'hanging' issue.
I decided to try the MySQL's Connector/NET 6.0. After a few hours of changing code to work with this connector, the application did not experience the same "hanging" issue as with the Devart component.
There was a line of code that threw an exception when using MySQL's Connector/NET that did not throw an error using Devart's connector, I believe the bug may be that the Devart component does NOT throw this error. I think the following code should produce an error:
Code: Select all
Dim Rdr as MysqlDataReader Rdr = GetADataReader() If(Rdr.HasRows) then 'do something with results Else Rdr = GetAnotherDataReader() End if Rdr.close()
The fix is to add a Rdr.Close() before GetAnotherReader(). Doing so has solved the "hanging" issue.