Upgrade Devart, can't login to asp.net project

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Andrew

Upgrade Devart, can't login to asp.net project

Post by Andrew » Thu 23 Apr 2009 18:38

Hi all,

When I try to upgrade to the new version of devart, everything compiles and runs fine until I try to login to my application, which is using Form authentication.

Code: Select all

Server Error in '/' Application.
Cannot convert parameter value of type 'System.String' to MySQL type 'MySqlType.TimeStamp'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot convert parameter value of type 'System.String' to MySQL type 'MySqlType.TimeStamp'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidCastException: Cannot convert parameter value of type 'System.String' to MySQL type 'MySqlType.TimeStamp'.]
   Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlParameter.a() +217
   Devart.Data.MySql.ax.a(Int32& A_0, ArrayList& A_1) +2517
   Devart.Data.MySql.a1.e() +209
   Devart.Data.MySql.a1.o() +31
   Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlCommand.a(CommandBehavior A_0, IDisposable A_1, Int32 A_2, Int32 A_3) +873
   Devart.Common.DbCommandBase.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +193
   System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader() +9
   Devart.Common.DbCommandBase.ExecuteNonQuery() +53
   Devart.Common.Web.Providers.DbMembershipProvider.a(String A_0, Object[] A_1) +761

[ProviderException: An exception occurred. Please contact your administrator.]
   Devart.Common.Web.Providers.DbMembershipProvider.a(String A_0, Object[] A_1) +824
   Devart.Common.Web.Providers.DbMembershipProvider.ValidateUser(String username, String password) +260
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnAuthenticate(AuthenticateEventArgs e) +160
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.AttemptLogin() +105
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Login.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +35
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +115
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +163
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +7
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +11
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1746

Help!
Thanks
Andrew[/code]

Andrew

Post by Andrew » Thu 23 Apr 2009 19:38

Solved

Apparently my project doesn't copy the devart dll's into the bin folder when i compile. I manually copied them in and the problem when away ;)

Thanks
Andrew