Direct Config Questions/Lost Connection

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL

Direct Config Questions/Lost Connection

Post by Guest » Tue 21 Jun 2005 15:25

Thanks for your time.

I'm evaluating the mysql connector for .net. In a local environment, everything performs well. In a hosted environment, I frequently receive the much talked about lost connection error.

Can you provide a link to documentation of the DIRECT property of the connection object?

As I mentioned earlier, everything works great in a local config. The only difference in the hosting environment, the instance of mysql moves from the webserver machine to a seperate server. I'm curious if the direct property would correct this error.

I'm using MySQL Connector 1.0.4

Serious

Post by Serious » Tue 21 Jun 2005 16:01

This is the forum of MySQLDirect .NET.

MySQLDirect .NET is data provider to direct access to MySQL database server for the Microsoft .NET Framework and .NET Compact Framework.
Key features of MySQLDirect .NET are listed here.
You can download free evaluation version for .NET Framework 1.x here. Installation package includes required assemblies, full help system and various sample projects in C#, MC++, VB.NET, Delphi.

Post correction

Post by Guest » Tue 21 Jun 2005 16:09

I'm sorry - I miss spoke. I was refering to your product - I grabbed what I thought was your product name from my start menu. My apologies

My question refers specifically to the corelab.MySql.MySqlConnection object and the impact the direct property has on it.

Post by Guest » Tue 21 Jun 2005 17:02

I as able answer my own idiotic question. :)

The documentation can be found under Core Lab MySQLDirect .NET in the start menu.

stupid windows hide feature. :)