We are glad to announce the Final Release of dotConnect for MySQL version 5.00!
The new version offers built-in LINQ technology support and bundled Entity Developer to design the entity layer of your application.
The new edition of dotConnect for MySQL is offered for the most exacting developers who want any product to meet their exact needs. Free Express Edition, designed for those who need just basic data access features, just what is proposed by standard data provider. And Developer edition that adds database development and management tools for MySQL to simplify database application development process.
This version introduces the following features:
- MyDirect .NET renamed to dotConnect for MySQL
- Supported LINQ to MySQL
- Added Entity Developer for LINQ to MySQL
- Added free Express Edition with basic connectivity features
- Added Developer Edition, which is equivalent to the Professional Edition plus dbForge Fusion Standard
- Support for .NET Framework 1.x is discontinued
- Fixed bug with retrieving foreign keys metadata
- Fixed bug with connection lost when QueryRecordCount is set to true
- Fixed bug with converting numeric framework types to MySqlDecimal
- Improved MySqlDataAdapter design time editor
- Fixed bug with MySqlDataReader.RecordsAffected in batch queries
- Fixed several bugs in DataSet Wizard
- Supported data type synonyms CHARACTER VARYING and CHAR BYTE
- NULLs can now be used in typed expressions
- Fixed type mapping in models with inherited entities
Devart development team