SqlDataSource string parameter size being truncated

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
chrisdouglass

SqlDataSource string parameter size being truncated

Post by chrisdouglass » Tue 09 Sep 2008 19:30

Hi, I'm using mySqlDirect.Net 3.55.21.0 with VS2005 and .Net 2.0 and have the following problem:

- have a sqlDataSource with an Insert command pointing to a stored proc

- have three text fields on the web form that are used in the InsertParameters collection e.g.:

- this field, txtEditor, contains text greater than 255 chars in length and when I break into my code I can see the full text body (approx 1500 chars) is set correctly in teh value of the SqlParameter within the Command.Parameters collection at runtime

- however, when this field is then transmitted to the database, only 255 chars are sent to the dbase. the dbase field is a LargeText and I can manually add > 255 directly to a record within the db.

So, I've tried to set the "Size" property for the ControlParameter object to something like 1K or 1M but it didn't help. Why would I be seeing string fields being truncated by the MySQLDirect data provider?

Also, I've trapped the OnInserting event for the sqlDataSource and that's where I've stopped the app and verified that in fact ALL of the text is set correctly within the SqlParameter object. But, it's being sent incorrectly to my stored proc when I do an Insert on the sqlDataSource.

Thanks!!

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 15 Sep 2008 11:22

We have tested version 3.55.21 of MyDirect .NET. We have not tracked any problems you've mentioned. We recommend you to use the latest build for 3.55 version - 3.55.25