VS 2008 crash while trying to open Dataset properties

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
petrutz

VS 2008 crash while trying to open Dataset properties

Post by petrutz » Fri 29 Aug 2008 04:50

Most of the times when trying to access the properties page of the dataset in the DataSet Manager VS crashes.

Any solutions? Any known issues?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 29 Aug 2008 08:44

We have fixed this bug.
Look forward for the next build.

petrutz

Post by petrutz » Fri 29 Aug 2008 23:11

Sure I look forward for the next build, but are you going to release it very soon, right!?

When will the next build be available?

Not meaning to be rude but in its current state this build is not usable not even for building a prototype application... I don't think it can be considered anything near a stable release. VS crashes about 80% of the time when trying to access properties pages of any of the items in the DataSet Manager. Now it's happening for MysqlDataTable's property page... There have been some crashing while accessing the properties of some other componets.
Worst thing is that sometimes it still crashes after reopening the project.

Did anyone found out when does the crash take place exactly and how to avoid it if it is avoidable?

Out of the "strategies" mentioned in: ms-help://CoreLab.MySql/MyDirect/GeneralConcepts.html which is the recomended one, the one people is using? As it seems that the only design time one that works is the "Standard Way".

Please help!!!

UPDATE: I have update to VS2008 SP1, still the same problem. I have unbound the dataset from the datagrid, still the same problem. I have tried using Untyped MySqlDataSets, still the same problem...

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 02 Sep 2008 09:51

New build of MyDirect .NET version 4.85.34 is available!
To get more informantion, please visit: http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12785