Cannot get controls to show in toolbox

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
James R. Davis

Cannot get controls to show in toolbox

Post by James R. Davis » Wed 19 Dec 2007 16:30

Admittedly new user with lots to learn, but I am stopped almost before I begin. I am using MyDirect 4.25.23 with VWD 2005 express under Windows 2000 Server.

I created a toolbox tab for MyDirect and then tried to add the CoreLab controls using 'select items'. I checked all CoreLab modules but one and only one control was placed into the toolbox: MySqlDataSource.

How do I get the rest of the controls to show in the toolbox? (They are there, just greyed out.)

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Thu 20 Dec 2007 11:27

Make sure you're in Component Designer view. Do not confuse with Designer view. To switch between views use context menu of .aspx file in Solution Explorer. This relates to Web projects only.

James R. Davis

Post by James R. Davis » Thu 20 Dec 2007 14:29

That was exactly the same response you gave to another poster here one year ago and it remains a useless reply. The controls are still greyed out in the toolbox no matter what view I use. There is a 'View Designer' choice in the context menu, but no 'view Designer Component'' selection available.

So I will ask again... HOW do you make the MyDirect control visible in the toolbox so that they can be used with Visual Web Designer 2005 Express?

If they cannot be made visible, say so!!! If that is the case, change your documentation to say that your product CANNOT be used with VWD except manually.

Be regurgitating old answers that do not answer the question posed you are not providing support. You are, instead, providing product defense of misrepresentations in your documentation.

Alexey.mdr

Post by Alexey.mdr » Thu 20 Dec 2007 16:04

In Visual Web Developer 2005 Express there is no such designer, thus you can use only web components.
From our web components it is only MySqlDataSource.