Unspecified Error - Core Lab Database Developer Tools

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Post Reply
avi8tor
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat 06 Nov 2004 12:45
Location: Gig Harbor, Washington USA

Unspecified Error - Core Lab Database Developer Tools

Post by avi8tor » Tue 26 Apr 2005 21:12

I am still getting the same error after my second install of Version 2.80.
The error is "Unspecified Error" and the title of the window says "Core lab database developer tools".

When I uninstalled this version prior to the rebuild I received the same error during the uninstall.

The new rebuild gives me the same error when I launch Visual Studio.Net 2002. Additionally I am left with small windows of the error which multiply each time I start VS.Net.

Guest

Post by Guest » Wed 27 Apr 2005 06:51

The same here.
i'm getting the same errror with the new version 2.80.6
The problem are present when i log on the computer as
administrator.

When i log on as another superuser in the beginning i had
no problems and the developer tools worked fine.

But today when i log in as superuser the dbexplorer dident work.

avi8tor
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat 06 Nov 2004 12:45
Location: Gig Harbor, Washington USA

Post by avi8tor » Wed 27 Apr 2005 07:46

Just as an update to the same problem.

I checked the .net Framework Components in my toolbox and all have a version number of 2.80.5 NOT 2.80.6

Also in my assembly folder for Administrator - DBtools is listed with an earlier version and MysqlDirect.Net Assembly shows a version of 2.80.6

This is getting to be very troublesome. I'm working on a major project right now and seriously delayed now with this problem.

Any suggestions?

Duke
Devart Team
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri 29 Oct 2004 09:25

Post by Duke » Wed 27 Apr 2005 08:01

Try to remove DbTools addin from Addin Manager and run Visual Studio with /setup key. Then try to reinstall MySQLDirect.

mj10777

After Update no DbExplorer

Post by mj10777 » Wed 27 Apr 2005 16:33

I also recieve the errors described and tried the suggested remanies, but to no avail.

The DbExplorer (the reason I updated) is still not activated. (You can see the MenuItems - but the are off.)

I can also not find a DbExplorer.exe.

I hope that this does not only work with Framework 2.0, because I don't have that. :(

i.e I installed mysqlnet280pro.msi only.

Mark Johnson
mj10777@mj10777.de

mj10777

Sorry, overlooke '/setup'

Post by mj10777 » Wed 27 Apr 2005 16:44

Everything work using /setup .

Mark Johnson

Post Reply