Connection error in query builder

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
mromani

Connection error in query builder

Post by mromani » Thu 18 Oct 2007 10:39

Hi,

I'm usgin CoreLab.MySql, Version=4.20.19.0 with VS 2005 + SP1.

Some times, when I try to configure a dataset, after selecting a connection string, I get an error saying the connection can't be stablished.

Some times, in TableAdapter Query Configuration wizard, this problem causes a query to be created with colum datatypes set to unknown in the xsd file

To fix the problem, I have to exit from vs2005 and restart it.

I have seen this problem in all previous versions I have used

Thanks

Miguel

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Fri 19 Oct 2007 06:22

Some times, when I try to configure a dataset, after selecting a connection string, I get an error saying the connection can't be stablished.
How often does it occur? What is the error message?
Some times, in TableAdapter Query Configuration wizard, this problem causes a query to be created with colum datatypes set to unknown in the xsd file
Could you provide me with the screen shots?

mromani

Post by mromani » Fri 19 Oct 2007 22:53

Hello Alexey,

We have seen it happens two or three times a day, usually, after some hours with vs running.

The error message is "Lost connection to MySQL server during query"

I have VS2005 installed in by laptop and Mysql installed in an internet server.

Some times I found the error wile debugging the aplication, but in these situatios, it's fixed just re running the aplication.

¿How can I send you the screen shot?

Miguel

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Tue 23 Oct 2007 07:13

Please send all screenshots and a test project for problem reproducing to the address provided in the Readme.txt file.