Core Lab team is glad to announce a release of the new MySQLDirect .NET version 4.00.
The new MySQLDirect .NET is based on a new engine and emphasize design-time development and data management.
The new version conceptually redesigns MySqlDataTable component abilities and usage patterns, improve database application
design-time features, reveal advanced .NET Framework 2.0 features, and introduce a lot of server-specific features.
More information on this below.
Application development enhancement
- Added DataSet Manager to control dataset instances in the project
- Added DataSet Editor for convenient datasets manipulation
- New MySqlDataSet class to use with MySqlDataTable
- New component DataLink added for flexible data binding
- New capabilities added to MySqlDataTable class
- Added capability for cross-form components cooperation
- Design time visualization extended
- Supported addin, DataSet Wizard, and MySQL Developer tools integration with Borland Developer Studio
- Added MySqlDependency class to support Database Change Notification
- Added MySqlDataSourceEnumerator class to support Server Enumeration feature
- Added support for Batch Update in MySqlDataAdapter
- Added support for returning provider-specific types in MySqlDataReader and MySqlDataAdapter
- SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence Solutions supported
- Added data provider and set of data access modules for DotNetNuke
- Added MySqlSelectStatement class for building SELECT statements
- Added MySqlDecimal class to represent MySQL DECIMAL type
- Added MySqlBinaryString class to represent BINARY and VARBINARY type
- Added list of hosts in connection form and connection properties
- Added MySqlLoader.LoadTable() method
- Base level classes moved to the new assembly CoreLab.Data.dll
- New demo projects added
- Added DbLoader class that serves to load external data into database
- Added MySQLDirect .NET information to Visual Studio 2005 splash screen and About box
- Added stored procedure and SQL script debuggers
- Added a project management framework for bookmarking related scripts and organizing database developments
- Enhanced SQL Editor with context-sensitive code completion, code navigation, incremental search, and more
- Enhanced working with data, including possibility to print data directly from data editor
- Added search in object data and stored procedure source code
- Added an extensive collection of SQL and stored routine code templates
- Added fully customizable keyboard mapping schemes
- Completely redesigned Security Manager to control user accounts
- Added a Session Manager for controlling and analyzing user sessions
- Added a Service Manager to find and control MySQL services
Please try the new version of MySQLDirect .NET 4.00 that can be downloaded at http://crlab.com/mysqlnet/download.html
To participate in discussion about the new MySQLDirect .NET version, visit the Core Lab support forums
at http://www.crlab.com/forums or e-mail the developers directly.
We're looking forward to your comments and suggestions.
Core Lab development team