Core Lab Software Development has released new versions of the Data Access Components product line.
The new product versions are packed with the latest server-specific functionality, disconnected model and local failover support,
helpful design-time extensions, and support for the newest IDE from CodeGear, Delphi 2007 for Win32 .
Core Lab Data Access Components are VCL/VCL.NET/CLX Delphi component libraries that provide
the fastest available native access to Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server, InterBase and Firebird.
The DAC products are a complete replacement for standard database connectivity solutions for Delphi
and present an efficient native alternative to the Borland Database Engine and dbExpress technology.
The new release is marked by significant functionality additions in each product.
- Delphi 2007 for Win32 supported
- General performance improvements
- Disconnected model for working offline and automatically connecting and disconnecting supported
- Local Failover for detecting connection loss and implicitly re-executing some operations
- DataSet Manager for controlling project datasets
- Support for master/detail relations on client and in CachedUpdates mode
- Connection pool functionality improvements
- Completely restructured and clearer demo projects
- Integration with OraDeveloper Tools 2.00
- Distributed transactions supported
- Advanced Queuing support added
- Change notifications functionality of Oracle 10g supported
- DBMS_TRACE package and SQLTrace functionality support
- OCI Connection Pooling, Statement Caching, and Proxy Session Pooling
- External Procedures support
- SQL Server Compact Edition supported
- Multiple Active Result Sets (MARS) and other new SQL 2005 features supported
- Added new TMSLoader, TMSDump, TCRBatchMove, TMSScript and TMSServiceBroker components
- Added asynchronous execute and fetch modes
- Compressed BLOBs support
- Integration with MySQL Developer Tools 2.00
- TMyScript component improvements
- AutoRefresh mode support
- Option to break long-duration query execution
- Retrieval of output parameters from stored procedures and functions
- HANDLER syntax support in TMyTable added
- RETURNING clause in the INSERT SQL statement (Firebird 2 server only) support
- EXECUTE BLOCK syntax (Firebird 2 server only) support
- Automatic updates by DB_Key unique field (Firebird 2 server only) support
- Default values in stored procedures support
You can download the trial versions from the Downloads page.
ODAC 6.00 [ Download ] [ New Features ]
SDAC 4.00 [ Download ] [ New Features ]
MyDAC 5.00 [ Download ] [ New Features ]
IBDAC 2.00 [ Download ] [ New Features ]
To participate in discussion about the new DAC versions,
visit the Core Lab support forums at http://www.crlab.com/forums
or e-mail the developers directly.
Core Lab development team