We are pleased to announce the release of new tool dbForge Documenter for SQL Server.
Documenter is an easy-to-use documentation tool that can save you a great deal of time by extracting information on SQL Server databases and presenting it in a maintainable form.
What is more, Documenter is included in dbForge Developer Bundle for SQL Server, an ultimate toolkit from Devart that combines feature-rich functionality allowing to version-control databases, compare schemas and data, optimize database performance, write SQL queries on a fly, generate meaningful test data and much more straight in your favorite IDE.
- Document your database from top to bottom. Documenter extracts an extensive database info about all SQL object types, their details, and properties, as well as inter-object dependencies and source code.
- Personalize and customize documentation. You can select database objects and properties for each individual object to be included in the documentation. You also get a number of style templates as well as the ability to apply your own Bootstrap themes to get a nice-looking layout.
- Formats supported. So far you can choose between two file formats: HTML and PDF. The former suits for databases to be published on the web, and the latter is good for distributing to various systems and devices. Both formats are searchable, which is very convenient especially for large databases.
- Annotate all parts of your database. With MS_Description properties supported, you can add annotations to every SQL object including views, tables, columns, indexes, foreign keys, stored procedures, etc.
- Search the documentation. Type the name of an object you are looking for, and Documenter will highlight the matching text in the object tree. You can also navigate throughout the documentation via build-in hyperlinks.
- Document directly from SSMS. Documenter integrates seamlessly with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). Databases may be documented directly from the Object Explorer of your SSMS solution.
Download a trial version of dbForge Documenter for SQL Server now and evaluate its benefits for free during a 30-day trial period.