C++ Builder 64 bit ?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for MySQL in Delphi and C++Builder
totte_karlsson

C++ Builder 64 bit ?

Post by totte_karlsson » Sat 13 Jun 2020 01:57

Hello,

What do I need to add in order for using your DBExpress driver in a C++Builder 10.4 64 bit application?

When testing in a test application, I get an error:

"DBX Error: Driver could not be properly initialized. Client library may be missing , not installed properly, of the wrong version, or the driver may be missing from the system path"

I downloaded a 64 bit libmysql.dll and put it on the path, but that did not fix the issue.

Cheers,
-tk

ViktorV
Devart Team

Re: C++ Builder 64 bit ?

Post by ViktorV » Fri 19 Jun 2020 10:50

The issue is caused by a bug in RAD Studio 10.4, not by Devart dbExpress driver for MySQL. See this page for more information: https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-29199
In the meantime, you may try the following workaround:
1. Copy the following registry key with its values:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\21.0\DBExpress for 64 bit Windows (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\21.0\DBExpress for 32 bit Windows version)
to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\20.0\DBExpress for 64 bit Windows (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\20.0\DBExpress for 32 bit Windows version)

2. Copy the files dbxconnections.ini and dbxdrivers.ini from the folder
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Borland Shared\DBExpress"\
to
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\dbExpress\21.0"\

Note that these steps should be taken before installing the drivers.