Delphi - TSQLConnection - Setting the Client_Interactive option while connecting

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for MySQL in Delphi and C++Builder
nkaku

Delphi - TSQLConnection - Setting the Client_Interactive option while connecting

Post by nkaku » Sat 22 Sep 2012 08:46

Hello,

My application makes two kinds of connection to MySQL database.

Server - regular connection... keeps connection for a long time.

Client - sporadic connection... executes a query and the connection should close.

I have changed the MySQL init variables to close INTERACTIVE connections in 30 secs. However, I cant seem to pass that flag and all connections are going as regular connections.

So how do I connect to MySQL using the client_interactive param = true ?

Nirav

AndreyZ

Re: Delphi - TSQLConnection - Setting the Client_Interactive option while connecting

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 24 Sep 2012 09:36

Hello,

Unfortunately, for the time being, dbExpress driver for MySQL does not support interactive connections. We will add support of interactive connections in one of the next dbExpress driver for MySQL builds.

Dmitri-D

Re: Delphi - TSQLConnection - Setting the Client_Interactive option while connecting

Post by Dmitri-D » Thu 23 Nov 2017 19:09

5 years left. Is there any progress with support for CLIENT_INTERACTIVE?

I'm adding this support each time we renew DevArt subscription and get new sources. Maybe I can send you the "diff"? There are very few lines of code, but the feature is really important because without it mysql server drops connections for interactive clients (shells, IDE front-ends etc) too shortly, after a very tiny timeout. On the other hand, it's not possible to make this timeout longer than 10-20 seconds for the scripts that produce online pages, otherwise we may get too many open connections and would get problems with online pages.

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Fri 24 Nov 2017 08:50

Support for interactive connections was added in dbExpress Driver for MySQL 6.1.2 от 25-Dec-12.
You can find more details in the Readme.html file at %DBXMySQL%\Readme.html, where %DBXMySQL% - the path to the installed dbExpress driver for MySQL.

Dmitri-D

Post by Dmitri-D » Thu 30 Nov 2017 05:54

guess what? I just updated to it :) (account starts with gitm...)
and guess what? I found your changes are very similar to what I did
Thank you!

ViktorV
Devart Team

Post by ViktorV » Thu 30 Nov 2017 09:00

Thank you for the interest in our products.
Please contact us if you have any questions about our products.