Error Query "Desc table_name". Field type incorrect.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for MySQL in Delphi and C++Builder
supercafelo

Error Query "Desc table_name". Field type incorrect.

Post by supercafelo » Mon 12 Mar 2012 15:39

Hola, tengo un error con una query en un programa en "Delphi XE" y sistema "Windows 7"

Tengo un "SQLConnection", "SQLQuery", "DataProvider", "TClient DataSet" , "TDataSet", "DBGrid" todos conectados correctamente.
Lanzo la query "Desc table_name" y veo el resultado en el Grid. El campo "Type" aparece como "WideMemo". Hasta aqui todo correcto.

Cogemos el fichero ejecutable y la dll del dbexpress (dbexpmda40.dll) y me lo llevo a un pc con Windows 7, el cual no tiene instalado el "Delphi XE". Ejecuto el programa y el campo "Type" aparece como "Blob". Este es el problema.

Cogemos el fichero ejecutable y la dll del dbexpress (dbexpmda40.dll) y me lo llevo a un pc con Windows XP, el cual no tiene instalado el "Delphi XE". Ejecuto el programa y el campo "Type" aparece como "WideMemo".

No tengo y no quiero tener los campos creados en el TClientDataSet. ¿Alguna sugerencia?

Gracias.

-----------------------
GOOGLE TRANSLATE

Hello, I have a error with a query in a program on "Delphi XE" and system "Windows 7"

I have a "SQLConnection", "SQLQuery", "DataProvider", "TClient DataSet", "TDataSet", "DBGrid" all connected.
Launched the query "desc table_name" and see the result in the Grid. The field "Type" is listed as "WideMemo". So far so right.

We take the executable file and the dll's dbExpress (dbexpmda40.dll) and I'll take it to a PC with Windows 7, which is not installed "Delphi XE". I run the program and the "Type" is listed as "Blob". This is the problem.

We take the executable file and the dll's dbExpress (dbexpmda40.dll) and I'll take it to a PC with Windows XP, which is not installed "Delphi XE". I run the program and the "Type" is listed as "WideMemo".

I have not and do not want to have the fields created in the TClientDataSet. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Tue 13 Mar 2012 10:54

Hello,

Such error can occur if you are using the incorrect version of the midas.dll library that is used by the dbExpress technology. To solve the problem, you should supply the correct midas.dll library with your project. Also, you can embed the midas.dll library into your application. In this case, you will not need to supply midas.dll with your project. For more information, please refer to http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/4087 ... pplication

supercafelo

thanks, so it works properly.

Post by supercafelo » Wed 14 Mar 2012 09:44

thanks, so it works properly.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Wed 14 Mar 2012 10:49

If any other questions come up, please contact us.