Reading text fields returns only first character on w2003svr

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for MySQL in Delphi and C++Builder
ddeberla

Reading text fields returns only first character on w2003svr

Post by ddeberla » Thu 23 Dec 2010 12:35

Hi,

Recently I changed my development machine from D2009/WinXP/MySQL5.1/dbexpress 4.50 driver to Delphi XE/Windows 7/MySQL 5.1/dbexpress 4.70.
After some conversion issues, all worked fine now on my machine. However when I deployed to a server running windows server 2003, I notice that for mysql DB text fields, only the first character is returned ! ( on WinXP machines it works ok !! -- starting the application from the same server directory as on the server itself ).
I'm not sure to what it is related an searching further but I'm puzzled. Any suggestions ?
( PS I'm deploying the same dbexpmda40.dll, midas.dll, libmysql.dll on all machines)

rgds
Dirk

ddeberla

Found : registering midas.dll is required on windows srv2003

Post by ddeberla » Thu 23 Dec 2010 14:25

Hi,

Ok, I found using a little test project. I could rename the midas.dll in the system32 directory and still the project ran ( with the error ). So it was still using another midas.dll somehow. When reregistering the new one with regsvr32, the problem was solved !

rgds
Dirk

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 23 Dec 2010 14:40

It is good to see that this problem was solved. If any other questions come up, please contact us.