Starting Transactions with new version of dbexpmda

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for MySQL in Delphi and C++Builder
floverdoz

Starting Transactions with new version of dbexpmda

Post by floverdoz » Wed 17 Nov 2010 10:55

Hi,

I used to work with dbexpmda.dll, I used version 2.60(windows) and 3.20(linux).
My programs are written in Delphi 7.

Recently, i've tried to use news versions of this library for windows :
+ 4.20.8 (Bought)
+ 4.7.0.26 (demo)

I encountered a problem with those two versions on Starting Transactions, on my database wich is : Mysql 3.23.53-max-nt

+ with 4.2 : I obtain : EDatabaseError : You have an error in your SQL syntax near '; BEGIN' at line 1
+ with 4.7 : I obtain : EDatabaseError : You have an error in your SQL syntax near '; ' at line 1

Please, have you an idea to solve this problem ?

Regards

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 18 Nov 2010 09:57

Hello,

Thank you for the information. We have fixed this problem. This fix will be included in the next DbxMda build.

floverdoz

Post by floverdoz » Thu 18 Nov 2010 10:55

You're Welcome.

I encounter another problem with one of my applications which is a multi threaded server.(each thread have his own connection)

At launch, this one makes some requests that cleaning database, that can be long.

On a server 2003, using Mysql 5.0.17 with version 2.60 of dbexpmda, I get the following message:
- SQL Server Error: Lost connection to MySQL server query During
Socket error read it. WSAGetLastError return 10060 ($ 274C)

After searching I saw that version 3.00 of the dll fix a problem like this: (Fixed bug with "Lost connection" on time-consumig executing queries)

So I set up version 3.2 (that we already use on Linux server), which fixes the problem well.
But now I get errors like this after a time of execution :
EOleException; SQL Server Error:
ReceiveHeader: Net packets out of order: Received [110], Expected [1]

Then causing errors:
EDatabaseError; SQL Server Error: Can not connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)

So I preferred to get back and reinstall version 2.6.0

My questions : is this problem linked to dbxepmda ?
Is this problem known?
If yes which version fixed it?

(My previous post is the result of my search for a version that would correct this problem).

Thanks.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 22 Nov 2010 09:34

This problem appears when you use DbxMda in the multithreaded application. Please check if this problem persists when you are using only one thread. Also, please try using DbxMda version 4.70.26 and check if the problem still exists.

floverdoz

Post by floverdoz » Tue 23 Nov 2010 08:53

HI,

ok thanks for your reply.
I will test version 4.70.26 and let you know if the problem remains.

Regards.