exception in ASP.NET deployment

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for MySQL in Delphi and C++Builder
fritsr

exception in ASP.NET deployment

Post by fritsr » Wed 23 Jul 2008 22:50

After uploading CoreLab.DbxMda.DriverLoader.dll I get an exception:
Borland.Data.EClassRegistryError: CoreLab.DbxMda.DriverLoader.TCRDynalinkDriverLoader class cannot be found in CoreLab.DbxMda.DriverLoader,Version=1.0.0.5001,Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701

The dll's in my ASP.NET bin folder:
Borland.Data.AdoDbxClient.dll
Borland.Data.DbxCommonDriver.dll
Borland.Data.DbxReadOnlyMetaData.dll
Borland.Delphi.dll
Borland.VclDbRtl.dll
Borland.VclRtl.dll
CoreLab.DbxMda.DriverLoader.dll
my_application.dll

When I also upload Borland.Data.DbxDynalinkDriver.dll I get:
Borland.Data.TDBXError: Unable to load dbexpmda40.dll (ErrorCode 126). It may be missing from the system path.

If I then upload dbexpmda40.dll I still get
Borland.Data.TDBXError: Unable to load dbexpmda40.dll (ErrorCode 126). It may be missing from the system path.

Strange... I had three ASP.NET applications running and suddenly I got this last error. Anyone?

Dimon
Devart Team

Post by Dimon » Thu 24 Jul 2008 07:12

We can not reproduce the problem. Please, try to put the CoreLab.DbxMda.DriverLoader.dll library in Global Asembly Cache ({Windows}\Assembly).

fritsr

Post by fritsr » Thu 24 Jul 2008 09:06

I'm sorry. The deployment is with my internet Provider. On my development machine I have no problems. And until two days ago everything was fine with my IP too. Just suddenly, without something changed, all three of my applications stopped working with the error:

(The pages without database access are still working.)

Has anybody seen such a thing?

fritsr

Post by fritsr » Thu 24 Jul 2008 12:18

I have found a workaround.

It seems that dbexpmda40.dll can not be found in the bin directory. It is been search for only in the system path.

I added the complete path to dbexpmda40.dll in the connectionstring in Web.config:
libraryname=d:\users\frits\wwwroot\asp_common_bin\dbexpmda40.dll

Now everything works. Strange however is that my other two ASP.NET applications now also can find dbexpmda40.dll !! Without changing anything in those applications.

Apparently I had used this trick before and later removed the absolute path in Web.config. ASP.NET "remembers" the location of dbexpmda40.dll for a while and after a couple of weeks it is suddenly forgotten.

This is not a nice workaround. I would rather see that dbexpmda40.dll is searched for in the bin folder...