Error on deploy a ASP.NET using RAD 2007 and dbExpress

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for MySQL in Delphi and C++Builder
rbaitz

Error on deploy a ASP.NET using RAD 2007 and dbExpress

Post by rbaitz » Fri 02 Nov 2007 13:26

I´ve created a simple application using RAD 2007, dbExpress, Mysql. It works fine on the design machine.

When I deploy the application to the production machine, I receive an error. I did all procedures in the Help; and I´ve copied all files to the bin, except the "Borland.Common.Driver.dll" because it does not exists on the machine.

The message is:

"Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed."

In the detail, Frameworks shows:

"[ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.]
System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(String providerInvariantName) +1372135
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProviderFactory() +61
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSource.GetDbProviderFactorySecure() +19
System.Web.UI.WebControls.SqlDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments) +121
System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +13
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +150
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +68
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() +5
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +61
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls() +67
System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +97
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +50
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +193
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6534"

Please, help me!

Antaeus

Post by Antaeus » Mon 05 Nov 2007 09:31

The reason of the problem is that the AdoDbx Client is not installed on the production computer. For more information please refer to the "Deploying the AdoDbx Client" topic in the Delphi help (ms-help://borland.bds5/devcommon/deployingadodbxclient_xml.html).