Pb SQL server 2019 connection

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for SQL Server in Delphi and C++Builder
DamienSPIE

Pb SQL server 2019 connection

Post by DamienSPIE » Mon 17 Jan 2022 08:49

Hello,

I use devart dbexpress for SQL server to connect an SQL server 2014 with Delphi Embarcadero and it works fine for years.
The SQL server is going to be upgraded to 2019 version. I try to connect the SQL server 2019 with dbexpress devart driver but I got the following message:

[DBNETLIB](ConnectionOpen (SECDoClientHandshake()).) SSL Security error.

I use the 7.4.6 devart driver version.
I've tried with the 9.0.1 trial version to be compatible with SQL server 2019 but I have the same error message. My trial version has now expired and I can't do more test on this version.

On my local machine, I've installed an SQL server 2019 for test. I successfully connect with the 7.4.6 driver on Delphi tokyo 10.2. I'm surprised because I thought this version wasn't compatible with SQL server 2019.

I don't know why it works on my computer and why it doesn't work on the server?
How the 7.4.6 can work on my computer with SQL server 2019?
What can explain the error message with 7.4.6 and 9.0.1 with "SSL security error"?
If I have to do more tests with the 9.0.1 version, how could I expand the trial version expiration period?

One of the dfference is that the error message appears between a client computer and a server computer (two different machines).
Whereas it works on my computer on which the client and the server are on the same machine.
Maybe there are some DLLs installed by the SQL server 2019 installation file or SQL Server management studio which could explain that the the 7.4.6 driver succeed to connect 2019 version.

I hope you'll be able to help me to understand and solve this problem.

Best Regards.

Stellar
Devart Team

Re: Pb SQL server 2019 connection

Post by Stellar » Wed 02 Feb 2022 13:59

Hi,

Please specify for us the exact Delphi version you use as well as what driver exactly you use to connect to SQL Server (DevartSQLServer or DevartSQLServerDirect).

In case you use the DevartSQLServer driver then please clarify for us what value is set for the VendorLib connection parameter?

- sqloledb, Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server (SQLOLEDB);
- sqlncli, SQL Server Native Client (SQLNCLI);
- msoledbsql, Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server (MSOLEDBSQL);

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Best regards,
Sergey