Returnin empty results

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for SQL Server in Delphi and C++Builder
Jota_

Returnin empty results

Post by Jota_ » Mon 05 Oct 2015 15:39

Hello there!
Could someone help me?

I'm using the latest version of dbexpsda.dll (7.1.2) on SQL Server 2014 (but got the same issue on 2012)...

When I start my server a certain SQL comand works like shoud it be, returning valid values but some hours later the same one gives me wrong results... an empty resultset or so... like this:
" "
(Tried to quote the result)

The problem is fixed when I restart my server and the connection is reseted... but I can't restart my server anytime...
There's something I can do to fix it? or it should be fixed by you? could you help in that case?

azyk
Devart Team

Re: Returnin empty results

Post by azyk » Tue 06 Oct 2015 11:31

Please check whether the problem reproduces if you execute the specified SQL query in SQL Server Management Studio. At this, use the credentials that you used in our driver.

Jota_

Post by Jota_ » Fri 09 Oct 2015 14:30

I did... It retuns properly on SQL Management Studio with the same credentials.

Am I the only one reporting that issue?

Do u have another tip to give me or so?

thaks for your effort

azyk
Devart Team

Post by azyk » Mon 19 Oct 2015 11:57

Please try to compose a small sample to demonstrate the problem including a script to create test tables and send it to andreyz*devart*com .

Jota_

Post by Jota_ » Wed 25 Nov 2015 14:15

Hey there!

Sorry I cant cuz it's so hard to get it... Honestly I tried but had no success...

My customers are reporting that issue when they use my solution for 2~3 days without restarting it... idk yet but looks like something fucks the dll and then all text fields start to return empty values.

An important thing that I've noticed is that the issue only occurs with blob fields (field type Text in SQL Server)... so I found this thread http://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php? ... eld#p49477 where someone from devart team said to change the MaxBlobSize param to 1... Im using Delphi6 btw... but even changing that param (as a hope) the problem still...

I'm getting mad cuz I cant reproduce easily and day by day my customers are calling to complain about it... so annoying...

I hope you can help me

Important things we have:
  - Returning empty data
  - Only occurs with Text fields (SQL Server)
  - The problem begins after some days.. Looks like an issue or something cause this
  - The only way to get the data properly again is reopening my exe

azyk
Devart Team

Post by azyk » Fri 27 Nov 2015 12:26

Unfortunately we will not be able to help you if we do not have more information about this issue. Please try to localize the error origin and make it stably reproduced. To investigate the issue, we need to know steps to reproduce it or a sample demonstrating the issue.