Memory Leaks

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for SQL Server in Delphi and C++Builder
yartoo

Memory Leaks

Post by yartoo » Fri 29 May 2015 03:16

Hi,
I am not suggesting that the Devart DbExpress driver leaks memory.
The issue I have is that EurekaLog reports all calls to DbExpress as memory leaks within my module.
Can someone that uses EurekaLog on RAD Studio XE8 with FastMM4 fully installed please suggest what EurkaLog and FastMM options I need to set to share or not share memory with the dbxsda40.dll so that the memory leak reporting tells me the correct story.
Thanks

azyk
Devart Team

Re: Memory Leaks

Post by azyk » Tue 02 Jun 2015 08:38

We can't reproduce the problem. Please try to compose a small sample to demonstrate the problem including a script to create test tables and send it to andreyz*devart*com .

yartoo

Post by yartoo » Tue 02 Jun 2015 23:45

Azyk,
Thanks for your reply. I was hoping that some one who had successfully used EurekaLog in a multi-threadedx application with the Devart driver could help with the settings I needed to get EurekaLog working.
I have removed EurekaLog and am using the event log from FastMM4 instead. That is not as easy to use as EurekLog, however, it tells me what I need to know, including that the Devart driver is not leaking.
Thanks again.
Shaun

azyk
Devart Team

Post by azyk » Fri 05 Jun 2015 09:47

Glad to see that the issue was resolved. If any other questions come up, please contact us.