Unexpected data type 25

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for SQL Server in Delphi and C++Builder
semike

Unexpected data type 25

Post by semike » Tue 12 Feb 2013 14:34

Hello,

I get an "Unexpected data type 25" error with the latest version 4.1.2 when I perform a
SELECT TOP 1 * FROM TableName
Statement.
I access a SQL Server 2008R2 database on a Windows 8 Professional using Delphi 2007.

Thank you,
Michael

AndreyZ

Re: Unexpected data type 25

Post by AndreyZ » Wed 13 Feb 2013 09:29

We already fixed this problem. This fix will be included in the next dbExpress driver for SQL Server build.

semike

Post by semike » Fri 15 Feb 2013 14:16

Hello Andrey,

I'm glad to hear! Do you know when this build will be relased? At the moment some critical processes of my software are not working within Windows 8 using the current release.

Best regards,
Michael

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Mon 18 Feb 2013 11:51

We plan to release all dbExpress drivers approximately in three weeks.

semike

Post by semike » Wed 13 Mar 2013 13:28

AndreyZ wrote:We plan to release all dbExpress drivers approximately in three weeks.
Hello Andrew,

do you have any news on this? My customers are getting fidgety.

Thank you,
Michael

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Thu 14 Mar 2013 08:24

We plan to release all dbExpress drivers approximately in a month.

semike

Post by semike » Thu 14 Mar 2013 13:48

AndreyZ wrote:We plan to release all dbExpress drivers approximately in a month.
Hello Andrey,

thats a very long time for my customers to wait getting the older parts of my software work on Windows 8 again. Could you please provide the fix of the data type error to me? I'll try to recompile it and test, if it matches my needs.
At the moment my own replication process will not work any more with the latest release!

Do you have another suggestion helping me solve this situation?

Best regards,
Michael

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Fri 15 Mar 2013 08:44

I can send you a custom dbExpress driver for SQL Server build with this fix. Please send me your dbExpress driver for SQL Server license number to andreyz*devart*com .

dataplan

Post by dataplan » Thu 02 May 2013 08:26

Any news on this? This bug fix is urgent!
We need the new versions of the dbExpress driver suite now! :!:
It can't be that we have to wait that long.
You promised to release it in March, then in April, and now it is May!

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Wed 08 May 2013 08:25

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We had tasks of higher priority (such as support of RAD Studio XE4 in our DAC products) which took a lot of time. Now, we are working at support of RAD Studio XE4 in all our dbExpress drivers. We will release all dbExpress drivers as soon as we add support of RAD Studio XE4.
If you need this fix now, please send your dbExpress driver license number to andreyz*devart*com . I will send you the custom build with the fix.

dataplan

Post by dataplan » Tue 28 May 2013 09:41

Now I tested it with the new version 6.2
But there is still the error "Unexpected data type 25" if the application is built with runtime packages in Delphi 2007. If built without runtime packages there is no error.

Please could you fix this, so that it works with runtime packages too!

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Tue 28 May 2013 12:23

Please try the following:
- close Delphi 2007;
- uninstall dbExpress driver for SQL Server;
- remove all dbexpsda*.dll, Devart.DbxSda.DriverLoader.dll, and DBXDevartSQLServerDriver*.bpl files from your computer;
- remove *.dcu files from your project;
- install dbExpress driver for SQL Server 6.2.3.

dataplan

Post by dataplan » Tue 28 May 2013 14:52

We have checked which BPL's are loaded at runtime (Process Explorer), these are the correct ones from version 6.2

Devart.DbxSda.DriverLoader.dll and DBXDevartSQLServerDriver*.bpl aren't used in our configuration.

We don't include dcu's in our projects, only units which directly belong to the project are compiled. We are using runtime packages for all our business logic and we strictly separate source from binary files when compiling and only include the path to the dcp's in the build.

To make it clear: If we compile the same project without runtime packages and instead include the dcu's from all our compiled packages the application runs fine without failure.

AndreyZ

Post by AndreyZ » Wed 29 May 2013 07:18

Unfortunately, I still cannot reproduce the problem. Please send me the project that does not work to andreyz*devart*com.

dataplan

Post by dataplan » Thu 15 May 2014 08:13

This problem persists in Delphi 2007 with newest drivers when the application is using runtime packages => exception "unexpected data type 25".