Some doubts using StoredProcedure?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding usage of dbExpress drivers for SQL Server in Delphi and C++Builder
matuk

Some doubts using StoredProcedure?

Post by matuk » Thu 18 Nov 2004 16:09

Hi All.

In the application I'm developing, 99 % of our queries are inside StoredProcedures. The problem started when I began to watch the time when I open about 15 procedures at once, in a part of my application, the first time I open the procedures it takes about 1,8 seconds to execute all of them, and after the first time it takes about 0,8 seconds to execute all of them.

So I turned on the Profiler and observed that, for each procedure that I'm going to execute the first time, it's generated a big SQL command to get the parameters of the Stored Procedure. If I use the borland standard driver, instead of generate a big SQL command, its execute a Stored Procedure "sp_procedure_params_rowset" to get the parameters, and in that case it takes about 1 second to execute all of the Procedures.

My doubts are:
1) Is there a way of not executing the SQL command before execute a procedure?
2) Is there a way to change this big SQL command for the Stored Procedure "sp_procedure_params_rowset".

thanks in advance.

Ikar

Re: Some doubts using StoredProcedure?

Post by Ikar » Tue 23 Nov 2004 12:15

These additional queries are generated by OLE DB. Current DbxSda version doesn't provide ability to avid this problem, but we are planning to optimize the execution at the nearest version.