There's an problem that i counld not solved
I had successfully connected to a datasource(oracle 9i) by oradirect.net compact framework(version 3.5) on symbol MC3000(wince.net 4.2) mobile device, but when the datasource be changed to ver. oracle8i , the same code can not work correctly , and an error happend .
I found that every property of the exception be throwed this time is nothing except error code "1017".
i tried it on winform plantform , with same connection configration , it could work correctly.
it seems i can not sloved it now , if anyone kindly knows that what happened even how to deal with it , pls. let me know , thanks.
with my best wishes !
Nov 20 , 2006
source code following:
Code: Select all
Dim ocnTemp As New OracleConnection Try With ocnTemp .Server = "184.108.40.206" .Sid = "PVS" .Port = 1521 .UserId = "HZPVS" .Password = "HZPVS" End With ocnTemp.Open() Catch ex As OracleException MsgBox(ex.Message) Catch ex As Exception MsgBox(ex.Message) End Try
except "ex.code" = 1017 , every property of "ex" is nothing