i have a problem and it seems that I could not solve it
I use Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition and the trial of the Ora.NET Data Provider for Oracle Databases. Additionally I evaluate the OraDeveloper Tools.
With that tools, everything is allright, i can use all the provided stuff. Problems occur if I use the Ora.NET Data Provider to generate a DataSet. In the DatasSet Wizard I use a Connection (using the Ora.Direct Provider), get the Database content and choose a certain table. By clicking "Next" i got the error message described in the subject.
With my Oracle DataProvider provided by Visual Studio, everything works fine. But i would use the Ora Provider, due to performance reasons.
May be of interest: While testing the Ora.Direct DataProvider yesterday i got sometimes the error message "..OraOps10w.ddl not found.." while fetching previewData from a DataSet.
Things I've just discoverd:
- If i made a connection by hand (writing code without any wizard) it works. I've just filled a DataSet with the Ora.Net DataProvider Objects.
- Ops: The above described problem (generating a dataset by Wizard) concerns the build-In Wizard from Visual Studio. If I use the CoreLab Wizard, I can finish the dataset creation process. But I get no Data if I want to show the preview. I got the same error message as described in the subject.