Connection problems in Advanced Queueing

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
dqrest

Connection problems in Advanced Queueing

Post by dqrest » Thu 19 May 2022 06:06

I have devart oracle .Net Connect 9.14.1234 and Oracle Database 12c Enterprise Edition Release 12.2.0.1.0.
Then I copy the simple code "A Simple Example of Point-to-Multipoint Messaging" from
"https://www.devart.com/dotconnect/oracl ... #simpleptp"
that uses Oracle Advanced Queueing.
I have ASP.Net application which is deployed in IIS 10. Note that IIS and Oracle server are used in the difference nets.
If I use dequeueing messages by OnMessage callback, than there is no any subsription registrations in the oracle table DBA_SUBSCR_REGISTRATIONS, and the callback OnMessage is not triggered. Moreover, the ASP.Net application does not throw any exception.
But if IIS and Oracle Server is served in the same net, then OnMessage is performed.

So I have two questions:
1) How to perform OnMessage in case of deploying IIS and Oracle server in the difference nets.
2) Should devart team throw any exception if there is no opportunities to register subscriptions for the OnMessge callback in the table DBA_SUBSCR_REGISTRATIONS?

Thanks.

DmitryGm
Devart Team

Re: Connection problems in Advanced Queueing

Post by DmitryGm » Tue 04 Oct 2022 18:44

Please provide us with an example of your application and DDL for the necessary database tables to reproduce the issue.
Note that the feature is supported only for OCI connections and is not supported for Direct connections.