Default Value stopped working since Update

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for Oracle
lukas143

Default Value stopped working since Update

Post by lukas143 » Mon 06 Dec 2021 13:33

Hi,

we are using Oracle12c and we are using entity developer v. 6.12.1354. Since our last version update of devart the generation process removes "Default Values" which is visible in the following screenshots:

First Screenshot: Showing the data default is detected in entity developer and visible in the model.

Second Screenshot: Showing git changes in VS2019 that the data default is removed. (Leading to exceptions within some of our tests, if group is not set)

I guess it's a bug because it worked before. We had to update the devart version and entity developer because the Windows-Update issue.

Thanks for help

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Default Value stopped working since Update

Post by Shalex » Tue 07 Dec 2021 17:19

1. Make sure that Default Value is set in Property Editor (CSDL), not only Storage Column Editor (SSDL).

2. Specify the name of your template (e.g., DbContext) used in your Devart Entity Model and non-default values of the template properties.

lukas143

Post by lukas143 » Fri 10 Dec 2021 10:19

Hi Shalex, thank you for your reply.

Data_Default in Oracle

Table in Entity Developer, Class Editor. The default value 5 was missing here and not detected. I added it manually.

Git Changes. You are right now there is DefaultValue Change in csdl file.

But sadly still removing the DefaultValue from the Entity ...

Sudden exception we never had in the past

Not 100% sure if i understand you correctly. Here's a screenshot of the used template in Entity Developer:

As i stated before, we never had problems in the past with default values. They were added automatically to the generated "*Entity" files. They were detected even without manually setting them for csdl file. This suddenly stopped working after we updated our devart drivers and entity developer.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Sat 11 Dec 2021 15:27

Thank you for the additional information. We have reproduced the issue and will notify you about the results of our investigation.

lukas143

Post by lukas143 » Thu 17 Mar 2022 11:02

Hi, a few months have passed. Anything new regarding this issue?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 03 May 2022 16:32

Sorry for the delayed response. We are working on the issue. A timeframe for the fix is one month.